yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So im on my way to my first day at my new job....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

luckily my work were very understanding about it! so no probs there.

Went to pick up a hire car thismorning, a 60 plate Vauxhall merriva, with a glass roof, and rear suicide doors! haha. So embarrassing.

got a question about the insurance though, as this is my first crash n all. I got the call yesterday from her insurance to say that she has accepted the blame, and they will sort out a hire car, and collection of the vehicle, and all the repairs, and that i wouldnt need to contact my insurance.
    They also asked me if i had any injuries, and i told them that my right arm and wrist were sore, and that i was all shook up (uh-huh-huh).
    But thismorning, i woke up with the stiffest neck ever.

My housemate tells me that its very important to tell them about the neck pain, but i do i phone my insurance company (that i have not yet contacted about the accident) and risk losing my no claims bonus. Or would i get in touch with her insurance company?

Also, i got my mechanic friend to look it over. The chassis seems fine, its just done some damage to the steering. So im hoping it wont be a write off just yet!
    Last edited by srbsma; 2 July 2011, 14:39.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your truck - glad to hear your ok.

I don't think this counts as a claim on your insurance as you are claiming on her insurance, your insurance company should be backing you up with regards to legal matters ie injury claims.

You shouldn't lose your no claims bonus
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
        Sorry to hear about your truck - glad to hear your ok.

I don't think this counts as a claim on your insurance as you are claiming on her insurance, your insurance company should be backing you up with regards to legal matters ie injury claims.

You shouldn't lose your no claims bonus
        Depends on the insurance company & whether you have protected no claims, etc.

As for counting as a claim, yes it does - you should still declare it when insurance renewal time comes around. Bit of a pain I know but it's how I would deal with it.

Comment

Working...
        X