yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So im on my way to my first day at my new job....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So im on my way to my first day at my new job....

and this happens.....

Basically, what happened was we were going in opposite directions, she wanted to turn into the industrial estate on my side of the road, and she just pulled out in front of me. It was as if i wasn't there! Its a 30mph zone, and witnesses are backing me up that i wasn't speeding at all.

Got a call from her insurance, shes taken all blame! and they are gonna sort out repair costs and a courtesy car!

Funny how both the recovery people, and the insurance company had never heard of a 4runner!
    Last edited by srbsma; 1 July 2011, 15:40.

Thats bad luck! Poor 4Runner!

It dosn't look that bad, insurance will probably want to write it off if quotes for fixing total £2k or more (and they probably will)

Then you can buy it back for a pittance, buy the needed parts as used parts from here for a couple of hundred and hopefully end up with a little money left over.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I've said all along...

Work is bad for you.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Well the accident ain't good but at least she admitted being responsible...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Glad to see that you're safe, Sam. Good luck with the repairs....Chees....Mick.
          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Its not all bad , Insurance will almost certainly write it off and you can use the money to buy a Surf that has not started to biodegrade.
            Сви можемо

Comment

ooooohhhhhhh dear
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Front chassis leg might be pushed in, easy portapower repair though, worth checking cause the steering geometry will never be spot on if the chassis is out
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

The insurance company did'nt write mine off when a Travis Perkins lorry caved my rear quarter in, the hire car (a brand new volvo xc 90) cost more than £2k not including the materials and labour charges for the repair, it appears that some insurance companies are now undertaking repairs rather than writing off vehicles.

Comment

Dayum!

Can I have first dibs on the sliders?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Dayum!

Can I have first dibs on the sliders?

You have it scrapped already! nice sliders though.

If they fix it, yoshie will knock you some up Vince.
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I hope that your new employers were understanding!

Comment

What Fey! said, was work okay?

This is my biggest fear with mine. If you're ever a passenger in my truck, watch my feet, they always hover above the brake pedal. Especially when I see someone wanting to turn across me. I've seen Police Camera Action enough times to recognise where the bad drivers go!
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
                            The insurance company did'nt write mine off when a Travis Perkins lorry caved my rear quarter in, the hire car (a brand new volvo xc 90) cost more than £2k not including the materials and labour charges for the repair, it appears that some insurance companies are now undertaking repairs rather than writing off vehicles.
                            But yours was worth more, this is a 2nd Gen, no way its worth than £2k. Your's would take £4k ish to write it off. A frends 3rd Gen was recently written off for a £4500 repair bill to a stoved in tailgate. They paid out about 3.8ish, he bought it back for £400! I fixed it for £600 he spent rest went on a posh holiday and a small car for his misses.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sorry to see that!

I nearly had a Taxi do exactly the same thing to me last night.. I was going straight over a Cross road (main road, right of way) the Taxi was coming towards me and and without indicating tried to carve rigt infront of me....

It always amazes me how taxi drivers, who drive all day long, are a, so bad at it and b, still alive.
                              More Lift.
                              More Tyres.
                              More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X