Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Surf Forum

Hi Surf Forum,
    My name is Greg, I have just become the nervous but proud owner of a 1993 2.4TD auto SSR!
    I have been eyeing up these vehicles for a while and took the plunge last week. I will no doubt be in need of some mentoring and spares in the next few months - MOT up next month...
    I am going to be running the truck as a toy/project - and hopefully giving me access to beaches and mountains formerly off limits.
    I am based in Aberdeen

Greg

Hi

Wish you good luck with it matey. Has the head been replaced? If not keep a close eye on your cooling system and I hope you have many happy years with it

Comment

Originally posted by Greg212 View Post
      Hi Surf Forum,
      My name is Greg, I have just become the nervous but proud owner of a 1993 2.4TD auto SSR!
      They're all SSR's.... you're missing the X,V or G off the end, not that it matters, cos no one knows, definitively, the difference anyway!

Welcome buddy
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
        They're all SSR's.... you're missing the X,V or G off the end, not that it matters, cos no one knows, definitively, the difference anyway!
        The 'G' stands for,

GOLD!
        Always believe in your soul,
        you've got the power to know,
        you're indestructible.......
        always believe in, because you are GOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post

Welcome buddy
          Well, they are, but there is one just called 'SSR' with no letter after that. Not important anyway. Welcome, Greg . Quite a few guys up in Scotland, one must be vaguely near you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            Well, they are, but there is one just called 'SSR' with no letter after that. Not important anyway. Welcome, Greg . Quite a few guys up in Scotland, one must be vaguely near you.
            Oh yeah...... I knew that....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5639
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Comment

hi

Comment

Hello welcome
                    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hi n Welcome enjoy your Truck n yes there's quite a few from you neck O' the woods on here n also here too...
                      www.scottishmudclub.com
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi Guys,
                        Thanks for the warm welcome - been up to my eyes in it, but, amazingly just passed the MOT with only minor faults..!
                        It is an SSR-X, head has been done I am told, timing belt too (but no receipts..) also had a refrubed auto 'box on it, in my naivety I managed to buy it without a front prop shaft - which begs the question why was it taken off in the first place..?
                        Fisrt impressions are good though and seems easy enough to work on once I accept that every bolt is seized. Think it will be a good relationship

Cheers again for the welcome!

Greg

Comment

Hiya Greg!

Comment

Hello Greg. Welcome. Enjoy the forum. Wow! Yet another new Scots member. If this exopnential growth trend continues, then the authorities may have to consider stepping in, to sanction an organised cull...........Cheers....Mick.
                            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

welcome to the looney bin

hehehe the scots are taking over - even the odd lexurf owner has turned his back on daaarn sarf

Comment

Working...
                              X