kia sorento help if poss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kia sorento help if poss?

Hi all i need some help with my dads car its a kia sorento 2.5 td it will not rev over 2500rpm and there is no warning lights on!! its fine on tick over and drives fine no smoke and pulls fine?

please help me to save him some money
    GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

What year is it?
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Disconnect the battery, wait for precisely 38.5 seconds, then reconnect.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Sounds like it's went into 'limp' mode, has he been running veg, is the water trap on filter been checked,?
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

its an 04 plate i`ve disconnected the battery and its still the same.There was no water in the filter.If it was the crank/cam sensor would the management light come on? or the thottle position sensor?
          I`m thinking if it was the air side it would run rough on idle and same for fuel.

Comment

sorry it has only ever had diesel in it

Comment

There have been some reports of the fuel pick-up tube in the tank becoming blocked or restricted due the tank's interior coating flaking off.
              Remove the fuel feed line from the tank at the filter, and blow back to the tank to make sure the pick-up is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                There have been some reports of the fuel pick-up tube in the tank becoming blocked or restricted due the tank's interior coating flaking off.
                Remove the fuel feed line from the tank at the filter, and blow back to the tank to make sure the pick-up is clear.
                Cheers mate i`ll give that ago i`ve never heard of this before nice one

Comment

Working...
                X