In-ear headphones (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-ear headphones (again)

I've finally downgraded my beloved Panasonic RP-HJE900E-Ks to 'Holiday' status and am now on the search for a set of better in-ear headphones.

A while back, when I said I liked the RP-HJE900E-Ks, a couple of you pooh-pooh'd them as being cheap and not the best quality I could have bought for my money.

Well, here's your chance to prove yourself, which in-ear headphones are better? Amongst others, I like Grado Gr10s but there may be better out there.

Opinions please.
    Last edited by Albannach; 30 June 2011, 04:02. Reason: Are you really interested in what I think are the best?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Re your edit Andy...no,not really.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Monster heartbeats by lady gaga are supposed to be good as well as the panasonic RP HC55 which have a noise cancelling feature. Bloke at work has the panasonic and they do sound good, the noise cancelling bit needs an AA batttery so it needs to be clipped to a shirt etc or it pulls the ear pieces out but does have quite a long cable.

Depends on your budget and what you want them for, just for ipod music or for mobile phone as well.

Anothe bloke at work got a set of Klipsch for over a £100 and found out they only worked on certain ipod & blackberry, luckily they exchanged them as the shop told him they worked on all devices, wrong.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

If you really MUST have in-ear, Grado are well respected, as are Sennheisser and Shure.

Personally I'd go for conventional every time, and look at Sennheisser, Bose and AKG amongst others.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I'll go with Apache on this one with the Sennheisser's. I've had a few different models over the years but they get my vote. I only use the in-ear ones too.
          I'm not a fan of walking about with two 'brake drums' slung over my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            If you really MUST have in-ear, Grado are well respected, as are Sennheisser and Shure.

Personally I'd go for conventional every time, and look at Sennheisser, Bose and AKG amongst others.
            Yeah, conventional headphones both sound better and make you look cool.

I'd go for some of these...

Comment

W... T... F????

Comment

Good thread, off to google these listed. I want some bluetooth in-ear ones as getting fed up with catching the cable all the time.

They don't have to be fantastic, I usually have audio books on during the day when working, but do want music to sound 'nice' as well.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I really MUST have in ear buds for at least 4 reasons.

1 - Folk walking around the streets with 'proper' headphones on look like w4nkers.
                  2 - I can't wear 'proper' headphones when I'm on the 'bike.
                  3 - Buds are handy.
                  4 - I already have 'proper' headphones.

I'll look in to the suggestions in the thread. I'm still waiting for details of all these high end buds (apart from the Grados) that make my Panasonics look cheap...

Comment

Ah ok. I only ever use 'phones at home, so go for 'full' ones. Bose as it happens - and £250 worth in the UK tha I got for about 1/3rd of that in the States.

Comment

These
                      work well
                      Brian

Comment

My home ones are Sennheiser HD 650. They are good, but not brilliant, I need to upgrade them at some point.

Comment

I got some Shure SE210s a couple of years ago. Only one of the 10008 sets of earbuds they come with work for me. And they've just ripped.

They sound about 1% better than the Sony MDR-EX70LP's that I'd had since 2001. I know this because I bought more Sonys to use on the bike.

I wouldn't spend any more because they get dropped and snagged a bit but if you are minted, this probably isn't an issue.
                          Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            These
                            work well
                            Only 50% correct there, they work

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                              I wouldn't spend any more because they get dropped and snagged a bit but if you are minted, this probably isn't an issue.
                              The RP-HJE900E-K are quite tough and each bud is connected to the cable with a tiny wee jack plug. So dropping and snagging weren't issues with them. If I buy new ones, both these scenarios will be taken into account.

Comment

Working...
                              X