2.4 transmission ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 transmission ecu

hi guy any one local have a 2.4 gearbox ECU i could borrow to try and eliminate ECU from gearbox issues if this seems to fix may well purchase but would need to test ideally over a couple of days

either this or i will be selling the truck as the wife will not drive it

link to problem
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71343

please help if you can

I've already told you what to do to check if it's an electrical or transmission fault.
    And yes we already know your wife hates your truck and you 'might have to sell it'.
    Mentioning it in every other posts won't speed up the replies.

Comment

I have one, but not local.

I lost track on the old thread, I think you just need another gearbox, the last one I changed that slipped in any gear but L was knackered inside due to filthy oil when I took it apart.

What was the gearbox fault code in the end? The only time the O/D light flashes is with electrical issues, either the ECU, solenoids or speed sensors.

The code will only ever be 42 or 61-65, or continous flashings for no code, but there must be something stored as it flashed at you while driving.

Nothing in the Vacuum side of the engine running or any 'limp' mode will make it slip, it'll cap power on the engine, or not let it shift into O/D if it does anything.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1 View Post
        Hi guys, anyone local have a 2.4 gearbox ECU I could borrow to try and eliminate ECU from gearbox issues? If this seems to fix it, I may well purchase but would need to test, ideally over a couple of days.

Either this or i will be selling the truck as the wife will not drive it.

Link to problem
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71343

Please help if you can
        Fixed that post for you.

Comment

thanks for you responses

i was only expressing the gravity of the situation again in the new post apologies if this offends or annoys anyone that isn't me intention.

and asking for alternate ECU just to eliminate it

am i counting O/D flashes or engine check light after jumpering diag ports as i get nothing that way since clearing the code but does seem to have got worse as not worked at all for last few days

gears do seem to work fine Tony in manual i will be disconnecting ECU from box tonight and testing again

please don't take offence Bushwhacker I'm only trying to resolve this issue wit the help of you guys so please don't give me grief i hope you understand my position and frustration

Comment

Working...
          X