honk honk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honk honk

hello fellow surfers, I don,t seem 2 have any power at my hooter in middle of steering wheel. Every think else working as should be.The little peace of red wire is connected.Had wheel off, wire don,t go any where wots going Horn lol.Do i need new wheel.

See if you can spray some WD40 into the horn itself and see if it coughs a bit

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by gaza View Post
      hello fellow surfers, I don,t seem 2 have any power at my hooter in middle of steering wheel. Every think else working as should be.The little peace of red wire is connected.Had wheel off, wire don,t go any where wots going Horn lol.Do i need new wheel.
      Possibly, but I have no idea what the question is.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Have you checked the fuse?
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Wish I had a hooter in the middle of my steering wheel. Beats the crap out of an airbag.

Comment

The wire in the steering wheel is earthed to give power to the horn so bare that in mind when you're troubleshooting.

As Vulch said, squirt some WD40 into the horn itself. Sometimes they can clog up, go rusty etc and not work. I eventually replaced mine on my old Surf because after sounding like a dead duck for a few weeks it just gave up.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
              Wish I had a hooter in the middle of my steering wheel. Beats the crap out of an airbag.
              If only!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

honk honk

thanks 4 all answers, tried ground earthing but nothing,just wonder is there a relay switch and where is the little blighter "if there is 1"

Comment

go get a cheap horn and try that, you are assuming the horn works and could be complicating the issue
                  SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

honk honk

Ok give it ago, something 4 weekend. "cheers"

Comment

i have a couple of spare one here, where in London are you?
                      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                      X