Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mig Welder?

Hi All,

Just got notification of My monthly bonus , could anyone suggest any mig welders gas type, suitable for up to about 4mm steel.

I have about £250 to spend before the missus wastes it

Cheers
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

For that money you won't get alot ...... i would expect to start between £500-£600 for a good basic one .
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

you can get a decent mig for £250 have a look in machine mart , long as you are not using it 8 hours a day 5 days a week you will be alright
      JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

This one........
        http://www.sipuk.co.uk/tools/info_SIP04796.html

Comment

Lots of good reading here.

Comment

I've got a Clarke 160.. Good little welder, pick one up 2nd hand for that money. If you want a 'good' one look at portamig..but expect to save up a little more money

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
              Good site that, very helpful to beginers and experts alike..

Comment

Thanks for the replies I was really looking for something about £100 I had no idea what I wanted was going to be so expensive.

I will have to re-think now and take my chances with something off Flea-bay.
                and the real kicker is I was offered a murex 185? for nowt at the start of the year all I had to do was come and pick it up 'cos it was too big/heavy to fit in my mates car,
                and yes I have already nominated my self for numpty of the month
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                X