Speedo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo?

I fitted the white dials a short while back and everything seem'd fine, gauges & tacho work ok, certainly looks very nice but my speedo wont go past 40mph,
    i put it down to my fiddleing and thought summats catching the needle, (the needle did tend to stick on it's stop for a short while after the truck was parked but a slight "tap" on the glass/plastic and it popped into life, (i painted the needles with some red clear color, dries very quick, i finally got round to removeing the unit and there seems to be nothing fouling the needle, no resistance on pushing it round and it returns on it's own slowly and smoothly,
    any ideas whats happened (or what i buggered up, and no cracking wise about 40 being it top speed anyway)
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Maybe the weight of the paint is to much for it to lift to high up the gauge?

Long shot I know, but can't think of much else short of a buggered speedo itself.

Is the speedo accurate up to 40?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi Tony, yes it seems fine up to slightly over 40 then it'll go no further,
      i'm gonna refit it without the front on so i can "nudge" it when i know i'm doing over 40, see what happens, cant see it being the weight of paint tho, it moves up ok to the near verticle (40) so the hard part is nearly over if you see what i mean, anyway mate i'll give it a try without the front and see what a pokeing does

Forgot to mention that just after reinstalling it it actually stuck up there at about 40, again a slight tap got it down, thats waht made me think it was a sticking point at or around the 40 position
      Last edited by POPEYE; 26 June 2011, 11:41.

Comment

Hi Ian
        I had something similar but on the volt gauge it was one of the dial wires stopping the needle from the back, i made sure it was not fouling before the clocks were reassembled but it moved when the halves were closed it might be something similar it's worth another strip down to be sure mate
        Ps Just remembered i had this as well it was the centre of the needle fouling the gauge front where the black plastic fits the needle back on the centre pin
        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Cheer's mate, i'll double check the wires from the white dials are not fouling also as ya say mayby i didn't push the needles on enough, always frightened of breaking them it's all stripped down at the mo

Comment

Insert funny picture regarding Speedos..... Here:
            http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...w=1680&bih=869
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              Insert funny picture regarding Speedos..... Here:
              http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...w=1680&bih=869
              it didn't tell me why mines sticking!

Comment