Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I got Cruise Control?

Hi,

My newly-purchased 1992 SSR-X TD came with an aftermarket steering wheel. Having looked through the manual though, I notice that the factory steering wheel is where the cruise buttons are.

So the question is, did cruise come as standard on the 92 SSR-X? If so, where can I get a steering wheel with the controls on?

Cheers,
    t

Originally posted by tamper
    Hi,

My newly-purchased 1992 SSR-X TD came with an aftermarket steering wheel. Having looked through the manual though, I notice that the factory steering wheel is where the cruise buttons are.

So the question is, did cruise come as standard on the 92 SSR-X? If so, where can I get a steering wheel with the controls on?

Cheers,
    t
    The very short answer is no. I believe cruise was an option
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

i can confirm that cruise is a deffinate optional extra, i have it on mine and i have to say its really really useful, but i doubt mr yamamoto will have had it fitted and then buggered it up by getting a wooden wheel
      if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Well I guess that answers that then - thanks all.

Comment

The bits you need to instal cruise control on an early second generation 4Runner.
          Attached Files

Comment

i was thinking of fitting cruise to mine,,,

has anyone done this yet???

and if so how readily available are the parts and how bigger job is it??

Comment

The standard American 4Runner parts are easy to find on Ebay. The system is more or less plug n play and takes a couple of hours to instal.

The wiring is easy and 3 litre Surfs are probably already wired for cruise control, you can get the control module from lots of other Toyotas, but you might have difficulty finding an actuator suitable for a diesel engine.

Comment

Working...
              X