Custom rear lift springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dara View Post
    I just emailed this company to see could they make 3'' lift springs for the 3gen
    Iv been lookin for somewhere that sell 3'' front springs for months but cant find anywhere only in the US an shipping is WAY too expensive

hopefully they can sort me out too.

thanks for the link Wishbone

an sorry for the thread hijack to the OP
    Is that D FAULKNER?

I have just had a quote from them for approx £150 for the pair all in which I think i pretty good considering that is for bespoke poundage and ride height. all the benefits of the LC ride height with the ride comfort and flexibility of springs designed for our vehicles.

This price is for two - clearly if more people are interested then the price comes down. Ill put another thread up to gauge interest for an initial order once I have finalised the design etc.

Im trying to figure out hat kind of % increase to go to over standard as I carry a lot of camping gear, bike rack etc which sat the rear a little on my current springs so cant go any lighter really. I think Im going to have to take one of my springs out and get that measured in comparison to a standard set then make an educated guess at the increase - either way they will be softer than the LC ones which can only help off road for articulation and on road for comfort.

Comment

I went throguh the same thought process as you so got second hand have standard LC springs courtesy of the Lovely Boyo on here. They are fittesd to mine without locators (I had the top hats from Stein which don't seem to fit the standard LC springs) I think my truck sits slightly lower than those with the uprated springs but then 33's do fit which is really the point.

To be honest I don't know why I worried as I carry arounf half a ton of crap in my boot at all times so uprated LC springs would probably be a good thing!

Comment

Slowly gathering together the bits and info required so watch this space! When the springs are all designed up and ready to go Ill put some more technical detail up ie poundage, final price etc.

Comment

The other alternative is to fit new, standard Landcruiser springs like I did back in 2004.
          They still give the 3" lift, have never dislodged, and the ride is firm but not harsh like the HD springs, as the wire is the same thickness as the Surf's original springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dara View Post
            I just emailed this company to see could they make 3'' lift springs for the 3gen
            Iv been lookin for somewhere that sell 3'' front springs for months but cant find anywhere only in the US an shipping is WAY too expensive

hopefully they can sort me out too.

thanks for the link Wishbone

an sorry for the thread hijack to the OP
            Be careful with 3rd gens, you need a modified front shock to fit longer springs as they are McPherson strut style shocks. A 40mm lift spring is a real bugger to squeeze up enough to get on a lift shock with a lower bottom mount, let alone a stock one. Also more than 2" is going to bind the CV's, and the steering gets a little wierd as the rack is fixed to chassis and the ties rods will be dropping down a long way to the hub.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              The other alternative is to fit new, standard Landcruiser springs like I did back in 2004.
              They still give the 3" lift, have never dislodged, and the ride is firm but not harsh like the HD springs, as the wire is the same thickness as the Surf's original springs.
              Which Landcruiser were the springs from?

You dont happen to know what the model designation is for the standard LC ie; HD80 / 100 / 105?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayside View Post
                Which Landcruiser were the springs from?

You dont happen to know what the model designation is for the standard LC ie; HD80 / 100 / 105?
                HJ 80 series. (1994 IIRC)

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I think the drivers side spring is longer than the passenger side as well. Just thought it might be worth a mention.

Comment

Working...
                    X