Ask MID.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask MID.com

Just seen the add on tv so thought I'd put my reg number in.

WTF does "dump code private car group" mean?
    & the make/model is a 010.

Says nothing about Toyota or surf.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Dunno what you're talking about, but now that you've sent your reg. no. from your personal e-mail address, I suspect you'll be bombarded with crap now!

Comment

Just tried mine and strangely enough it say`s Toyota hilux

Comment

That website was on Watchdog a few months ago cos a few folks had contacted the BBC complaining that they kept being stopped by the police for not having insurance. The problem was that the insurance companies are apparently rather crap at keeping the database up to date.

It might be worth checking to see that the rozzers know that you actually do have cover...

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
          That website was on Watchdog a few months ago cos a few folks had contacted the BBC complaining that they kept being stopped by the police for not having insurance. The problem was that the insurance companies are apparently rather crap at keeping the database up to date.

It might be worth checking to see that the rozzers know that you actually do have cover...
          It says im insured but not what make & model it is. Oh well I guess they will have to pull me over so I can tell them it's an import.

Comment

The details on the MID are:

Vehicle Make/Model: TOYOTA HILUX SURF 4RUNNER TD

I`m happy with that
            GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

This is what it has for mine.

TOYOTA HILUX 2.4TD (IMPORT)SURF SSR

Correct!!!!!

Gman.
              If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Just found this bit of info.
                http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...ance/DG_071948

I best give flux a bell in the morning.

Comment

I have my truck in ireland nearly 2 years now, insured by irish insurance company on my irish number plate yet i get this from askmid.com

The make and model details for your vehicle have not been supplied by your insurer but the vehicle registration number is showing as being insured on the MID.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                    I have my truck in ireland nearly 2 years now, insured by irish insurance company on my irish number plate yet i get this from askmid.com
                    Ye, same here.

It's our insurer that has the responsibility to tell MID, not had chance to call flux today but will do in the morning.

Comment

Out of curiosity I checked mine and apparently it's a TOYOTA LANDCRUISER PRADO 70 LX TD

Mind you this may come in handy if I ever decide to sell it as I can ask for more money

Comment

Working...
                      X