Fuel consumption shock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel consumption shock!

Worked out the consumption on my N reg KZN185 3.0l auto and was shocked to find out it was 17.59 miles per gallon.
    Then I remembered it was fully loaded and towing a caravan weighing about 1550kgs.
    I guess that the mpg is not bad being fully loaded and with a huge weight on it and going down the M5 from Worcester to Burnham on Sea.
    Sitting in the caravan in the rain watching Sky as nothing to do. already been in to Burnham on sea and seen two surfs, one a burgundy and another a Blue Surf with the biggest wrap around bull bar I have ever seen.
    Anyway managed to get on the beach for about an hour before the heavens opened.
    Attached Files

17.59... you must have the "blue motion" version

Back in the day Baby

Comment

17.59 sounds about right when towing, you can expect around 23/25 when empty.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

My old 1999 3rd gen i was getting about 23mpg while towing and about 31 on a run not towing
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          My old 1999 3rd gen i was getting about 23mpg while towing and about 31 on a run not towing
          ?

Comment

Empty I get about 28mpg semi rural as drive mostly down country lanes with about 8 miles on A road to the town. I reakon I probably will get about 30mpg empty on a long run. My 1997 Surf gave me about 31 mpg on a long run empty.

Comment

1995 gen2 3l gives me around 30mpg empty around town without a heavy foot
              GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                If its your black one it's still for sale!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marcdtr View Post
                  1995 gen2 3l gives me around 30mpg empty around town without a heavy foot
                  If your getting 30 round town then I'm the pope!

Comment

About 18 mpg was what I got in mine the last time I towed my caravan ( 1340kgs single axle) with my 2nd Gen.
                    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
                      If its your black one it's still for sale!!!
                      i know and i told the guy who bought it that 5k would be top money for it.He has dropped the price though by £1000
                      It was a nice truck and was ###### good on fuel but i was changing trades and thats why i got rid of it and the trailer which the same guy bought.
                      Lucifer should be collected in the next couple of weeks and i will then be looking for another surf as i really miss not having one now and the fiat i got is a bit to small for the grandsons car seat
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Forgot to mention that on Thursday we had one hell of a head wind against us travelling down the M5. Maybe when we return consumption will improve.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                          If your getting 30 round town then I'm the pope!
                          30 K per gallon sounds about right!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
                            30 K per gallon sounds about right!!!!
                            Ye, that makes more sence.

Comment

Last weekend, Belfast to Bushwhacker's (South Wales), 300 mile = 22.85mpg.
                              I'd describe the roads as varied. The last big hill I climbed in the Brecon Beacons before dropping down to Vince's place must have used 1/8th tank of fuel!

Comment

Working...
                              X