Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum rear body height?

A legal question more than anything.

Is there a minimum height that the rear of a vehicle has to be from the ground?

The reason I ask is that with the rear bumper and tow bar removed and the lift I have there is a pretty mahoosive chasm between the ground and where the truck starts and want to make sure that there isnt a minimum clearance for safety reasons that has been imposed in law to stop normal cars disappearing underneath the event of a rear ender.

A good question, I don't know the answer.
    I've had mine removed for about a month now and I've not been pulled by the law yet!
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Some of these road legal monster truck are huge & you can literally stand under them.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

My lucifer is big.It runs on 44" tyres and has a 6" body lift and 10" suspension lift so there is plenty of room under there and is road legal
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers for the replies - tubular bumpers coming soon (well as soon as I get the time to sort some) and was hoping to keep the tow bar off unless I need it so Happy days

Comment

Originally posted by Bayside View Post
            A legal question more than anything.

Is there a minimum height that the rear of a vehicle has to be from the ground?

The reason I ask is that with the rear bumper and tow bar removed and the lift I have there is a pretty mahoosive chasm between the ground and where the truck starts and want to make sure that there isnt a minimum clearance for safety reasons that has been imposed in law to stop normal cars disappearing underneath the event of a rear ender.
            Maximum?

Comment

Working...
            X