Rear mounted spots / Front mount light bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear mounted spots / Front mount light bar

IS there any info on how I would mount spots to the roof? I vaguely remember "light bar" unless I'm mistaken? What is this exactly? I'm unable to search light bar as bar is too short

Also, was thinking of a rear mount spot, or spots for help in reversing at night or for when camping I've seen a couple of photos with people doing this. How did you fix them on?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Rear mounted spots are not a good idea ......Now if you put a WORK LIGHT on the rear it will fulfill your requirements
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Where would you put it? Aren't they square? Why don't you think they are a good idea? It wouldn't be on whilst driving.

Cheers,
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I'd mount it inside on the roof and lower the window when you need to use it.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

A couple of big high intensity ones on the back could be fun.

Imagine hitting the switch if someone is up your trumpet down a country road.

Plus you would have a great view of them careering off the road.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Lots of nice ideas
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              Lots of nice ideas
              Yes. Especially this one:

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
              A couple of big high intensity ones on the back could be fun.

Imagine hitting the switch if someone is up your trumpet down a country road.

Plus you would have a great view of them careering off the road.

Comment

Disclaimer.....

Be responsible...

Use a relay.
                Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I have a pair of rear facing spotlights er I mean worklights on the back of mine. I bolted them to the rear spoiler and poked the wires in where the brake light wires go, so no holes to drill in the truck, just 2 in the spoiler to bolt em on. I tend not to get tailgated too much.
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                    I'd mount it inside on the roof and lower the window when you need to use it.
                    I'd do the same as Kerrsurf and mount it on the inside. No holes required for wires etc, it wouldnt get knocked off green laning, and it would look like something out of a bond film if someone was up your trumpet on the country road! Window down, blinding light on, driver behind gets blinded, careers of the road, light goes off, window goes up, carry on driving nonchalantly..

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
                      I'd do the same as Kerrsurf and mount it on the inside. No holes required for wires etc, it wouldnt get knocked off green laning, and it would look like something out of a bond film if someone was up your trumpet on the country road! Window down, blinding light on, driver behind gets blinded, careers of the road, light goes off, window goes up, carry on driving nonchalantly..

Cheers,

CURLY
                      That would be a very irresponsible thing to do but the one thing I hate most is some little Chav up ya chuff on a country lane "ooh err" so I like your thinking.
                      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Cheers everyone.

How heavy are the work lights? Thinking about it again now, I think you mentioned spots are a bad idea because they are for spot lighting and not for lighting a general area?

How would they fix on the inside? I dont think the plastic would be a good place / strong enough?
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Roof spots, front spots & rear spots, or work/reversing lights, most spots sold are actually driving lamps giving a wide all round light, real spots are useuall more expensive (like australian made "light force" which are around £500 a pair or is it each, cant remember) my rears are 3" s/s things as are the roof ones, rears give a good all round light when reversing plus there only about £30 a pair, been on now about 4 years and no rust, grease the inside before fitting as a precaution tho, reflectors are the only thing in there that will rust,

roof bar was home made from alloy box (actually it was a B&Q sprit level) req's drilling the roof to fit and for the wiring or you can run the wiring through the door jam behind the rubbers
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by POPEYE; 12 June 2011, 17:17.
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Everytime I see your truck Popeye it makes me grin.
                            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                              Everytime I see your truck Popeye it makes me grin.
                              That bad eh?
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X