No announcement yet.

Starter Motor AGAIN.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Ian, Starter was taken off on Sat, not to bad a job once you have done it four times !

Comment

PM replied to.
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Are the two wires possibly from the Glow Plug Resistor?

If not I'm stumped.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=14158

Nev

Comment

Thought of that Nev, but i'm not sure if the leads in question have enough play to reach the resistor, (without seeing it in the flesh), also i would have thought he'd have had trouble starting (before the starter itself started playing up) an odd one for sure, the leads showed up in a random pic i took when it was stripped but without stripping mine down to see i cant for the life of me remember where the feckers went, guess webbos best bet if to see if there are leads attcahed to the glow plug resistor, if so i dunno! if not then theres the answer
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Looks like thats where they go, as by looking at them they look the same as I have. Maybe mine were left off when I had the head done four years ago.

Comment

hi dave just had a thought if you get some time when you are free i will take you over to me mate who has the 2.4 have a look at his truck ive txt him and hes ok with you having a snout about. let us know on here or at work bud.
              surfs just steal all ya money

Comment

Originally posted by millepeed View Post
                hi dave just had a thought if you get some time when you are free i will take you over to me mate who has the 2.4 have a look at his truck ive txt him and hes ok with you having a snout about. let us know on here or at work bud.
                Cheers Vince, But I am almost 100% sure they are the ones that Nev said, they look exactly the same. So late night at work, and early morning to fit starter, just hope all the fittings are there for the wires...Thanks.

Comment

Also think Nevs right, like i said mate the only other place i could think of was the glow plug thing, what threw me tho was i didn't think the glow plugs would work with these wires left off makeing for difficult starting, anyway a couple more pics i found of the resistor, important to get the leads on right, insulator in the middle etc,
                  Attached Files
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I got my 2.4 breaker here if you want to pop over and have a look at wires . Not had a chance to look myself for you . Maybe today when back from hospital .

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                      I got my 2.4 breaker here if you want to pop over and have a look at wires . Not had a chance to look myself for you . Maybe today when back from hospital .
                      How's you? Are you still having back problems?
                      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                        How's you? Are you still having back problems?
                        My back is sort of 'fixed' as best they can do for now . Going back to hospital next week to see doctor . My left leg is now giving problems . I now walk like a toddler !! I dont have much feeling in either of my feet anymore.
                        Hospital today for my post op on my finger I had surgery on.

Comment

wow your falling apart - hope you get better in time for Avalanche!
                          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Working...
                          X