after some help for a friend at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after some help for a friend at work

as he's at a loss and doesn't seem to be getting anywhere and running out of ideas

here's the problem
    "
    The engine runs ok and then just cuts out, sometimes it’s hard to start as though getting no fuel even after priming, I’ve bled the pump, in fact I’ve put a new one on now and filter. The garage has run diagnostics on the electrical and done bubble test on fuel, checked all pipes and still no joy. I’ve been told that it could possibly be the sensor under the rocker cover, but that’s been checked, supposedly, the guy I sent it to is normally pretty good on diesel 4x4(Toyotec)I’ve used him for years.
    "
    any ideas on what to check next any idea appreciated think its an isuzu trooper

cheers in advance guys

Originally posted by BAV1 View Post
    as he's at a loss and doesn't seem to be getting anywhere and running out of ideas

here's the problem
    "
    The engine runs ok and then just cuts out, sometimes it’s hard to start as though getting no fuel even after priming, I’ve bled the pump, in fact I’ve put a new one on now and filter. The garage has run diagnostics on the electrical and done bubble test on fuel, checked all pipes and still no joy. I’ve been told that it could possibly be the sensor under the rocker cover, but that’s been checked, supposedly, the guy I sent it to is normally pretty good on diesel 4x4(Toyotec)I’ve used him for years.
    "
    any ideas on what to check next any idea appreciated think its an isuzu trooper

cheers in advance guys
    What vehicle????? Engine, etc......

Comment

something in the tank
      many moons ago some bugga put a rag in my jcb tank every now and then it would just cut out or would not start
      if i lifted the front end with the loading shovel it would fire back up no prplem
      turned out it was a rag in the tank
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

If it runs and then just cuts out and will not start may be it's something electrical. Have you checked the crank position sensor, TPS or that the pump is getting power?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Its a 3ltre Isuzu trooper, P reg if this helps

thanks guys

Comment

Fuel shut off solenoid on top of the pump?
            What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

I would read this thread.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64661
              Brian

Comment

Working...
              X