rear spring bump stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear spring bump stop

Does anyone know if a missing rear spring bump stop is a fail or advisory for an MOT??

Bump Stop

Its not Part of the MOT.
    On a Commercial vehicle its also not part of the ministry test !!
    Pete.

Comment

As long is its not loose in the spring it'll be ok, I've not got any on my truck, with +4" springs and an 1" spacer they would never touch the axle anyway!!
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just spoke to my mot mate and he's told me that , if both are missing then its not a problem . If just 1 is missing then its down to the discretion of the mot inspector due to the fact that if one bump stop bottoms out and the other side dosnt then I could unbalance the vehicle and cause an accident.
        PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

I have had one rattling around inside the spring for a couple of years, and the otherone is still attached, thats the least of the MOT guys worries!!!

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
            Just spoke to my mot mate and he's told me that , if both are missing then its not a problem . If just 1 is missing then its down to the discretion of the mot inspector due to the fact that if one bump stop bottoms out and the other side dosnt then I could unbalance the vehicle and cause an accident.

Ok i'll remove the other one then, need to borrow your spring compressors again mate!

Comment

No worries mate.
              PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
              X