diff breather kits ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diff breather kits ?

Hi everyone is there any companys or anybody on here that sells diff breather extending kits ? if not il make my own dose anybody know what diameter pipe I would need ? taking the truck for a paddle soon and want to be ready.
    Always up to my neck in it

The redneck way of doing it is to pull the cap off the original one, and fix a hose with jubilee clip to the bit left sticking out.

I was selling 'kits' but they are just small push fit airline fittings and funky coloured 6 or 8mm plastic hose.

The nice thing about these is you can use a 90 deg elbow for low profile and they swivel so can't get knocked and undo.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply do you still sell your kits? If you do how much ate they I would prefer to do it properly and not the redneck way

Comment

i'm not sure i've got any fittings left, will have look or find a link of where to get them for you. Ebay probably easiest, but need to try and rememeber the thread size.

Comment

Ok thanks buddy is there anything wrong with doing them the redneck way ? Or is it just not as tidy

Comment

not really, there isn't a great deal of a barb sticking out to fix hose to, but it does work.

Comment

Ok thanks do you know what diameter hose I would need ? If you have any luck with those fittings let me know just really wanna get it done now lol ,my friend took his surf swiming without doing the breathers and coulpe days later one of his rear axles seals failed and it ruined the osr brake shoes so want to try and avoid this

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                i'm not sure i've got any fittings left, will have look or find a link of where to get them for you. Ebay probably easiest, but need to try and rememeber the thread size.
                What size thread ? I may have some.

Comment

there is a guy on the pick up forum sells them...

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                    What size thread ? I may have some.

Off the top ofmy head I think they're 1/8 bsp

Comment

I think Biohazard might know what fittings you need.
                      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
                        Hi everyone is there any companys or anybody on here that sells diff breather extending kits ? if not il make my own dose anybody know what diameter pipe I would need ? taking the truck for a paddle soon and want to be ready.
                        Hello Aaron. They are a bit expensive, at around £4.00 each, but these are the genuine Toyota parts. The breather line is available from B&Q.....Cheers....Mick.
                        Attached Files
                        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                          Hello Aaron. They are a bit expensive, at around £4.00 each, but these are the genuine Toyota parts. The breather line is available from B&Q.....Cheers....Mick.
                          this is the way iv done mine wit the toyota fittins an jus get some length of hose that fits it in the motor factors... rubber fuel line hose will do

Comment

Ok thanks might try and call Toyota later. has anybody had problem with clearance doing the breathers this way on the front axle because I read in one of the threads that. U had to use a 90 degree union on the front axle

Comment

Yes i have some kits ..... Two fittings for the diffs, enough pipe to run it so it will go up a snorklel and 2 tee-peices one so you can join the diffs together and one for the fuel tank breather if you wish to add it

£15 p&p inclusive

You can contact me on www.Daemon4x4.org or ianwoodzie@aol.com

Oh and for the Numpties that will then have a go cos i ain't paid .........they are here

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=54157
                              although i think i have enough bits for 4 kits
                              Last edited by BioHazard; 9 June 2011, 18:58.
                              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                              X