Ffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ffs!

I had an ad on Gumtree (yes I know) for an 'as new' item that I priced at least £20.00 below normal asking price.

This item was 'as new' and so I put, 'absolutely no offers please, I don't care if you come from Gateshead or Ghana I won't accept any less', and I still get people phoning up asking, 'Whats the best price you'll take for it mate'?

Read the effing advert you morons!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Yeah! some people mate!! cant they read?

anyway ummm what is the lowest price you'd take
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Going through the same experience right now trying to sell my wifes Rav 4. Advertised it about £500 cheaper than price to move it quick. Only calls I've had are from foreigners still trying to beat me down. FFS as you said, it's already a ###### bargain
      When I was very briefly a car salesman, we used to dread dealing with indians and pakistanis. It was like they hunted in a pack. They would surround the salesman and all heckle at the same time.It got that bad once that we had to "politly" ask a group to get out the showroom as they were not getting the price they wanted.
      I'm all for trying to drive a good deal, I do it myself. But this was intimination not negotiation.

Comment

its soooooooo annoyin its not even funny...iv started to break cars recently(jap imports nissan silvias etc)
        an nearly every call or txt i get its wats your best price even tho i have in the add NO HAGGLING I WILL HANG UP as the parts are a small bit below normal askin prices for the same parts from someone else
        i jus think ppl see wat they want in the add an never read it properly
        like i had a set of wed sport wheels thats a very clearly marked as sold in the add but i still get 3 or 4 calls or txts a day about them

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep View Post
          Going through the same experience right now trying to sell my wifes Rav 4. Advertised it about £500 cheaper than price to move it quick. Only calls I've had are from foreigners still trying to beat me down. FFS as you said, it's already a ###### bargain
          When I was very briefly a car salesman, we used to dread dealing with indians and pakistanis. It was like they hunted in a pack. They would surround the salesman and all heckle at the same time.It got that bad once that we had to "politly" ask a group to get out the showroom as they were not getting the price they wanted.
          I'm all for trying to drive a good deal, I do it myself. But this was intimination not negotiation.
          They are murder, some years back a friend had a double glazing co, manufacture and install, when they folded they had a sale of windows, frames etc, the showroom was chocka block with asians, i was helping out, they are very intimidating En-mass, sounded like a room full of outboard motors
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

i think everyone at the moment wants a deal, i've a pair of brand spanking new general grabber AT2's 31"s up for sale at around 25% less than list and keep getting silly offers

really annoying

Comment

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
              i think everyone at the moment wants a deal, i've a pair of brand spanking new general grabber AT2's 31"s up for sale at around 25% less than list and keep getting silly offers

really annoying
              £5 for the pair?
              “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                They are murder, some years back a friend had a double glazing co, manufacture and install, when they folded they had a sale of windows, frames etc, the showroom was chocka block with asians, i was helping out, they are very intimidating En-mass, sounded like a room full of outboard motors
                you wonna live around here
                ya need balls the size of mellons to barge passed the foreners around here
                we now have gangs of 30 or so
                they are not kids too full grown men keeping an eye on the girls that are selling them selfs on the street
                cops know all about it
                they just dont go there no more
                i have to i live here
                they aint that scarey you just need to make your mark on them early before they start with the intimidation
                i will take some pics and ill show you
                most people only ever see estates like this on tv
                its ruff but good for the sole
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  I had an ad on Gumtree (yes I know) for an 'as new' item that I priced at least £20.00 below normal asking price.

This item was 'as new' and so I put, 'absolutely no offers please, I don't care if you come from Gateshead or Ghana I won't accept any less', and I still get people phoning up asking, 'Whats the best price you'll take for it mate'?

Read the effing advert you morons!
                  It's annoying but you will need to copy and paste the price from the advert in the response emails. It's the only way. There is some kind of mental break down with the relation to absolute idiots and their ability to purchase an item. The bits inbetween don't make sense to them and they struggle. Just think how easy you have it? If you ever saw one of those people you would feel sorry for them and just give it them without charge.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                  X