Gobsmacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gobsmacked

Trying to get insurance for the N reg Surf we pick up next week and totally gobsmacked with the insurance prices. Last year the best quote I got was from Swindons at £240 for a R reg Surf.
    Previously we were with A Plan, but they jumped up their prices from £250 to nearly £400.
    I have aasked Adrian Flux and A plan for call backs and now waiting. What on earth has happened to the insurance industry that car insurance has jumped up so much?

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
    What on earth has happened to the insurance industry that car insurance has jumped up so much?
    Lots of snow and plebs not knowing how to drive in it I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Lots of snow and plebs not knowing how to drive in it I suspect.
      +1

Drowned BMWs are causing a bit of a drain too, apparently.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Ian, you know full well that insurance companies try it on as a matter of course !

Just get a list together of the main brokers and play them off against each other - it's a PITA but you'll probably be able to get the price down to within a tenner or so of last years price - at least that's what Jackie did last month ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Ian, you know full well that insurance companies try it on as a matter of course !

Just get a list together of the main brokers and play them off against each other - it's a PITA but you'll probably be able to get the price down to within a tenner or so of last years price - at least that's what Jackie did last month ...

I do the same thing, fill them with as much sh!t as they fill you with.
          Works every time.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

re

Try Quinn Direct, they do me for £289 - The cheapest quote I got by far!

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
              Try Quinn Direct, they do me for £289 - The cheapest quote I got by far!
              Do they cover all modifications and off roading?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                Do they cover all modifications and off roading?
                I don't know about mods or off roading, I was under the impression that 'off roaders' took their own risk, never heard of off road insurance before!

As far as mods go, what mods, apart from Bushwhacker's beasts would affect your premiums that significantly?

I shouldn't imagine a 'lift' or fitting some spots or 'go faster' stickers would constitute a concern for insurers.

I tried nearly every insurer and their quotes ranged from £1,300 to £4,000 totally outrageous!

It's probably because cars are more at risk in Northern Ireland because of our 'civil war'.

A lot of them wouldn't cover the Surf because it was an 'import'.

I'm chuffed to bits to get a premium of £289 considering the way insurers are clearly cashing in in the situation of the country.

Comment

I don't know about mods or off roading, I was under the impression that 'off roaders' took their own risk, never heard of off road insurance before!
                  Flux et all do off road cover.

As far as mods go, what mods, apart from Bushwhacker's beasts would affect your premiums that significantly?
                  All and any of them may cause the premium to change.

I shouldn't imagine a 'lift' or fitting some spots or 'go faster' stickers would constitute a concern for insurers.
                  You immagine incorrectly.

Comment

re

You immagine incorrectly.
                    Perhaps you would explain?

Comment

Perhaps you would explain?
                      Any modification must be disclosed to the insurer, otherwise your insurance is void. By any, I mean anything at all that is altered from what was factory fitted. Radio, wheels, tyres (size), suspension lift/drop, spoilers, skirts, towbar etc....

Comment

Any modification must be disclosed to the insurer, otherwise your insurance is void. By any, I mean anything at all that is altered from what was factory fitted. Radio, wheels, tyres (size), suspension lift/drop, spoilers, skirts, towbar etc....
                        Ok, but what if, in the case of most Surfs, the mods were already in situ, ie. my surf has been lifted 2 inches, at the time I got it and insured it I didn't know that this was a mod.

Comment

Ok, but what if, in the case of most Surfs, the mods were already in situ, ie. my surf has been lifted 2 inches, at the time I got it and insured it I didn't know that this was a mod.
                          as soon as you found out that you knew it was lifted, your breaking the law, no quibble.
                          you should call your insurer asap to declare sech mods.
                          i will be paying £1200 for my insurance with the surf and im 24........ count your self's lucky guys

Comment

They will be looking for any excuse to avoid paying you in the event of disaster. dont give them one

Comment

They still need to be disclosed, there are no exceptions and it's your responsibility to check. The law is very pedantic and ignorance of it (for whatever reason) isn't an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                              X