Cleaned my Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaned my Wheels

So, as it doesn't look like I'm gonna find any Gen 3 wheels, I decided to clean up the ones that came with my truck.

They were filthy - I should have taken a "before" photo. Don't think they look too bad now.

Originally posted by spacast View Post
    So, as it doesn't look like I'm gonna find any Gen 3 wheels, I decided to clean up the ones that came with my truck.

They were filthy - I should have taken a "before" photo. Don't think they look too bad now.
    Do you have a set of 4 or 5 matching wheels that look like that?
    The reason I ask is cos my old "spare" wheel looks an identical design to the one in your photo!

If you're not interested in having it then any info you can provide would be useful in case I get around to listing it on fleabay or whatever...

Thanks.

Comment

Wow, they look great! Much better than 3rd gen wheels IMHO. Got any 'further back' photos? What size are they?

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
        Do you have a set of 4 or 5 matching wheels that look like that?
        The reason I ask is cos my old "spare" wheel looks an identical design to the one in your photo!

If you're not interested in having it then any info you can provide would be useful in case I get around to listing it on fleabay or whatever...

Thanks.
        I only have 4 - the spare is an underslung rusty steel with a 215 tyre.
        It would be nice to have a matching spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
          Wow, they look great! Much better than 3rd gen wheels IMHO. Got any 'further back' photos? What size are they?

Cheers,

CURLY
          Thanks - I've seen quite a few trucks with these on.
          I'm a bit shy about 'further back' photos 'cause of the comments I'll get about my very saggy a**e end.
          They are 15 inch.

Comment

I only have 4 - the spare is an underslung rusty steel with a 215 tyre.
            It would be nice to have a matching spare.
            I'd be perfectly happy to drop it by the next time I'm passing through your neck of the woods in about a month or so (probably) if you want it...

It has a BFG 31x10x15 AT on it at the mo and needs a clean. There is a small amount of crazing around one part of the tyre but it doesn't look anything too major, but you can't complain much when it's free cos I doubt I'd get much for it on fleabay...

Comment

I'd be perfectly happy to drop it by the next time I'm passing through your neck of the woods in about a month or so (probably) if you want it...

It has a BFG 31x10x15 AT on it at the mo and needs a clean. There is a small amount of crazing around one part of the tyre but it doesn't look anything too major, but you can't complain much when it's free cos I doubt I'd get much for it on fleabay...
              Well, what can I say!!!!??? (Quite a lot it seems)

Thanks very much, yes please, really good of you, that would be great.

Comment

Well, what can I say!!!!??? (Quite a lot it seems)

Thanks very much, yes please, really good of you, that would be great.
                Next time I'm on the way down I'll let you know and I'll get your address...

Comment

Good job mate

They look the same as mine.. Well my old ones as I'm putting them up for sale soon (just waiting on delivery on new ones before doing an advert)

this is how i got them

and after a clean up and paint they look like this

they do get dirty quite easily tho and I'm going to have do them again before selling

i have a set fo 5 too, but no idea on any more info ie make, sizes etc..

and for a far away shot.. about best i got to hand.

Comment

Next time I'm on the way down I'll let you know and I'll get your address...
                    Thanks again, really nice of you.

lawsy, yours are slightly different - the plastic studs round the fake split rims are a different shape, and mine have the manf stamp by the wheel nuts.
                    They look good when they're clean tho'

Comment

Thanks again, really nice of you.

lawsy, yours are slightly different - the plastic studs round the fake split rims are a different shape, and mine have the manf stamp by the wheel nuts.
                      They look good when they're clean tho'
                      No worries - it looks like I'll be passing by on the way down to the inlaws sometime about the middle/end of next week (assuming I recover ok from chicken pox anyway!)

If you could drop me some contact details & your address I'll be able to put an estimate on times & stuff a little later on.

Comment

No worries - it looks like I'll be passing by on the way down to the inlaws sometime about the middle/end of next week (assuming I recover ok from chicken pox anyway!)

If you could drop me some contact details & your address I'll be able to put an estimate on times & stuff a little later on.
                        Email me on 4runner@usa.com, and I'll send all the details.

Comment

Working...
                        X