You Won't Believe Ths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Won't Believe Ths

I'm looking for another Surf. I'm working in Cork. I saw a grotty 92 Surf laid up opposite a row of houses on the day I arrived on the job - punctured front right tyre, covered in dust/dirt: deffo not used for months.

Still there at the end of the week, untouched. I asked two passers-by if they knew who owned it. Nope, but maybe it was abandoned?!

Meant to leave a note on the screen for anyone to call me, but didn't.

Arrived the following Tuesday (last Tuesday) for more work - Surf still there, untouched. Returning to B&B that evening, saw two guys had inflated the tyre, and were driving it away. Dang.

I mentioned it to the woman in the B&B today - asked if she knew who owned it, maybe they were selling it? She didn't know (but will ask her hubby for me tomorrow), but did say that that spot is a common place where people abandon & dump old cars!

She said the council are frequently there removing abandoned cars. Her hubby knows the guys who collect the cars, and where they get taken, so he's going to enquire for me tomorrow. You never know...

Don't even know if it's 2.4 or 3.0. Had a quick peek inside, and I'm pretty sure I saw an auto stick.

Could I be that jammy? Of course, if it's a viable car, someone, somewhere in the chain must surely snap it up, if it is abandoned. I wonder how this kind of thing works - ownership docs, keys, etc...

I'd be sick if I heard that it had been abandoned, but that the owner had given it away or sold it for buttons, or scrapped it. Should have left that note on the window... Dang!

Mark
    :

The guy in the B&B was certain it's been taken to a scrap yard. Any cars abandoned there get collected within a couple of weeks and brought to be scrapped pretty pronto.

I've emailed the scrap yard to see if they can shed any light.

Mark
    :

Comment

Working...
    X