Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another newbie. having trouble with a 3.0ltd surf tho. read so much about starting problems but they all seem to be glow plugs.

rest assured this one is not.

is it common for the fuel pump to fail in a way that it does not deliver to the injectors.

plus i have a window issue that im sure is a bad earth.

anywho. they are monsters theres no messing with that and my god do they pull, but i must say i preffer the hilux as its a working tool more than a chelsea tractor.....

Hi Newbie, welcome on board, enjoy your stay.

There's small filter on the rear of the fuel pump that can get gumed up stopping fuel flow.

Is the fuel primer pump on top of the fuel filter working? i.e. after about five or six pumps it should get harder to press.

Comment

it was, but it stopped pumpiing earlier. i have blown back down the pipe and it goes back to the tank. ran out of time so had to quit until tomorow.

doing a full check tomorow. going to work from the tank forward as i want to do everything i can before taking the pump off as i have heard its a pain.

i have not looked but is there an electric pump near tank?

Comment

Hello welcome - hope you get it sorted soon
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by rich2484 View Post
          it was, but it stopped pumpiing earlier. i have blown back down the pipe and it goes back to the tank. ran out of time so had to quit until tomorow.

doing a full check tomorow. going to work from the tank forward as i want to do everything i can before taking the pump off as i have heard its a pain.

i have not looked but is there an electric pump near tank?

Nope, the fuel pump on the engine is the only pump. There's just a pick up tube with a gauze filter on it in the tank.

Comment

thanks saves me about 20 mins looking for one that isnt there.

Comment

Originally posted by rich2484 View Post
              thanks saves me about 20 mins looking for one that isnt there.
              Photo here.....
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ight=fuel+tank

Comment

ok cheers. i have blown back down the pipe from the front so that is not blocked.

can anyone direct me to the gauze filter in the pump. is it on gear end or injector end? cant really see where it sits?

Comment

Hi Welcome.
                  Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

fixed the surf, well half done it anyway. found that the fuel was getting up to the scv valve but no further. there is a voltage there reading 1.88v but that was with a low battery.

anyway turned the ignnition on and gave it a couple of smacks with a bar and wooden hammer. low and behold the fuel was coming out of injectors and engine started first crank.

so going to source a new valve then replace it. so does anyone know of an easy way to remove the scv without removing the pump?

Comment

ok so im looking for either a pump or a new valve. can anyone send me in the right direction to get either or both please. this part is needed as it is annoying having to tap the top to start the engine. many thanks richard

Comment

Working...
                      X