I will be the Newbie then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be the Newbie then

Hello All, My name is Osian and I am purchasing a Surf in the immediate future.
    so it brings me here to all the right people.

I am only looking to buy an early model (1993) ish
    i would preffer a manual, but the engine i am led to believe is better to go for the 3.0l??? is this correct?

any imput is greatly recieved, and im now going to sift through the pages for my answers too (im not being lazy

Welcome Osian. Enjoy the forum, and good luck with your search....Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Welcome

If you're looking for an earlier model, yes, the 3.0 is the one to have. Manuals are not so common and not as reliable as the autos.

If you have your heart set on a manual, don't overlook getting a 4runner. It's the UK version of the Surf and is identical, with the exception of a more robust flywheel (which makes the manual reliable again), no aircon (which is normally broken on the surfs), simpler electrics and.....no cup holders.

Most 4runners have rust issues, but at least you can see it. Insurance is cheaper too.

Comment

Hello
        Most are auto's & yes the 3.0L is the one to go for.

EDIT: you just piped me to the post sancho.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Hello: wave: welcome _ I'm not sure if the members are "all the right people" some of them are very wrong! in so many different ways!
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I think he is after a nice clean example of a manual 3.0l like this one

Comment

so growler how much would i have to twist your arm???
              thank you for the warm welcome and notes have been taken onboard 3.0l auto it is cheers

Comment

Hi-a and welcome...

This is my 3.0 and have not looked back.. Been polished recently but need to upload the new photos
                Attached Files
                Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

My Mate at work may be selling his 3L, it is a good genuine example. If he sells it through here I am sure he will make a donation or pay the selling fees.

Comment

well i will be looking to get one mid nect week, now as I am new to the game, but fairly up to scratch on the mech side of things, im not going to be as up to scratch as you guys on here, i might be a cheeky fooker now but if i post the ads on here so people can slate them would that be ok???
                    i have trolled the internet and all the good ones have been snapped up.
                    im really exited now!!!

who would have thought that coming from an audi s4 bi-turbo that i would be so excited to have a 4x4

Comment

Hi n Welcome
                      Good luck with ya purchase.... (as with all vehicles some have issues) sort it n ya won't regret it !!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Wotchya & welcome.
                        I (we, as the truck now officially belongs to Mrs) have had the 3l Manuel - for almost 7 years.
                        Tony N fitted a solid flywheel conversion about 4 years back & the beast has been as good as gold, with the exception of me overheating it & cracking the head.
                        My own stooopid fault.
                        When you get your truck be sure to maintain the cooling system.
                        Enjoy Surfdom.

Comment

Originally posted by s4 osh View Post
                          so growler how much would i have to twist your arm???
                          thank you for the warm welcome and notes have been taken onboard 3.0l auto it is cheers
                          If your really interested, make me a very sensible offer and it will be considered, you should be able to send me an email from my profile details.

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                            If your really interested, make me a very sensible offer and it will be considered, you should be able to send me an email from my profile details.
                            ah ok... now am i correct in assuming that because you are a 'surfer' and the beast looks sorted. that everything that should work works and so on so a PM has been sent/

I fully understand that it's far better to buy a forum car. rather another method i.e. ebay. so here goes nothing...
                            Last edited by s4 osh; 26 May 2011, 20:52. Reason: mis-spelling

Comment

mr Growler. it seems there is no PM methods on the forum and the computer i am currently on does not have MSN set up. i will send one to you as soon as i get on mine cheers for teasing me into an offer

Comment

Working...
                              X