car selling advice needed...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car selling advice needed...........

I have a vehicle on ebay at the moment it ends sunday and the log book isn 't where i thought it was should i let it go or should i pull the auction
    can i let the dvla know about the change of ownership without it

It's a bit of a ball ache, when owners change, and there is no logbook. If you have to replace it, it's about £25. It's worthwhile, tearing the house apart to find it.
    Good luck
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I would not buy a vehicle without a log book. If I won one on Ebay, travelled a long way to pick it up, and found out there was no log book when I got there I'd be extremely pi**ed!

Best bet is to post on your ad that you can't find it and contact the highest bidder to see if they want to continue with their bid. Or it may be easier to pull the sale until you find the V5.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

I got stung with a £250 fine when I sold my old Rover 420 on eBay without a V5 - the actual fixed penalty fine is less than that but I tried to contest it and it ended up going to court! It ain't worth the risk - pull the auction, get a new V5 (takes a couple of weeks and costs 25 quid) and then re-list it.

Comment

i got one in within a few days when i rang them and paid over the phone
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
          X