No announcement yet.

Reasonable price/quality cordless drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really appreciate the very good replies . I know I can always get a good responce from you lot .
    When I was at a landscape company as maintenace fitter I had the Ryobi set as shown by Puddlesurfer . I used to bring it home when needed to use here . They did work well for 2 1/2 years with alot of work until the batteries went . But at the offer price shown I think I may see if I can budget for them ( been off work sick with no pay for 9 weeks) .

May buy the £35 Wicks drill as suggested so I can use the 'spare' battery so at least I can get working on the house again .Then if the offer is still on at Screwfix I can get the Ryobi set.

Thanks again for help.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Hitatchi also good. We use them at work and very good build quality. Good battery life too.
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitachi-DS18...8163921&sr=1-5

Comment

I had a battery drill and the battery died.
        So I attached a curly cable to it with two croc clips at the other end.
        Now it stays in the truck, just clip it to the battery.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post

so... just gave that a try, but my curlys aren't long enuff to reach to drill anything, and as for the two croc clips!! Ooooooooch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spacast View Post
            so... just gave that a try, but my curlys aren't long enuff to reach to drill anything, and as for the two croc clips!! Ooooooooch!!!

There are downsides to a Brazillian.

Comment

Top idea...why is it all the best ideas are from simpletons..sorry that should read best ideas are the simple ones...
              .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                Top idea...why is it all the best ideas are from simpletons..sorry that should read best ideas are the simple ones...
                Yep, By the way, How much is 45 dinars worth?

Comment

MAKITA YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!
                  I've bought really cheap, cheap and mid priced guns, and they have all failed. The drills and screw guns that were used by a buidling firm to build my extension 4 years ago are still going strong on same batteries (NiCad) and same brushes. The screw gun has been dropped off my roof before, and suffered no damage...they are built to last, and the Lithium 18V are ace - batteries last and last. But if your only going to use it occassionally get an 18V NiCad Drill Driver for £89.00 on offer everywhere now....
                  Don't buy another cheap one, you'll only be on here in a year's time asking for more advice!
                  "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                  www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Yep, By the way, How much is 45 dinars worth?

Depends how much the dinners are each...
                    .... Which was nice.

Comment

Makita dewalt or hitachi. You pay more but they do the job and last.

2 years ago i bought a pair of Makita 14.4 volt cordless drills. Came in a hard case with 2 batteries. one or the drills had hammer action. Cost £100. They have had very heavy constant use and abuse and are still going strong.

Also have a 18v dewalt i got on a good deal from screw fix and that is also excellent.

Comment

£4.99 from Argos. I use it to drill & screw hard wood doors in my spare time.

Comment

Working...
                        X