Replacement door cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement door cards

Morning all,just been to Segals in Manchester.
    Purchased new card for the front doors and some material(reasonable match to original) for same.
    Mine have had a hard life so I will try and replace as best as,will also try and include an extra door pocket to help stowage space.
    I have a spare card to use as a template but the one item I cant seem to source is the doohicky thingy whatchamacallit that actually cuts those funny little 8 shaped holes in the card.

Anybody out there got any ideas as to where I might beg/borrow/scrounge,or heaven forbid actually buy one,thanks in advance,Alan

Hi Al,

If you're talking about the holes the door trim clips fit into then just drill 2 holes and cut the 'river' between them with a jigsaw.

Don't use 6mm foam under the trim as it's too thick. It took me ages to find some 3mm foam to use. And the 3mm staples are like rocking horse poo to obtain (I have some if you need a few)

Cheers,
    Rob.
    Attached Files

Comment

Replacement door cards

Thanks for that Rob,thought about doing it that way(or similar)but was hoping for a quick fix.Yours look good,is that carpet along the bottom?Regards,Alan

p.s., Should have asked Segals about foam at the time!!!Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
        Hi Al,

If you're talking about the holes the door trim clips fit into then just drill 2 holes and cut the 'river' between them with a jigsaw.

Don't use 6mm foam under the trim as it's too thick. It took me ages to find some 3mm foam to use. And the 3mm staples are like rocking horse poo to obtain (I have some if you need a few)

Cheers,
        Rob.
        Is there a thread for that speaker pod mod anywhere wishbone? And what size are those speakers?
        Many thanks...

Comment

Nice job that Wishbone..

A thread would be great if you did one
          Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Yes it is carpet Al.

No there's no threads about the door pods as I kind of gave up talking about ICE on this forum

I'll be moving the speakers over to my 3.0 soon (ish) so I'll be making some fresh ones. I'll do a how to then.

The speakers are 6.5" DLS R6A.

Here's the tweeter that goes with the midbass.

Cheers,
            Rob.
            Attached Files

Comment

For the holes, I would make up a template from metal that you could clamp on with two holes of appropriate size drilled in it. You could then drill all the holes then finish the template off and then use it again to get the correct profile for the holes.

Nev

Comment

Working...
              X