Need a favour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a favour.

Could a couple of you, who have front Balljoint Spacers fitted, measure the distance from the front hub centre to the bottom lip on the front wing?

There's something not right about the front of my truck. I'm thinking it's too high, but I'm not sure by how much.

Cheers!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

I've got 2" BJ spacers (and my torsion bars are wound up a bit)

I'm at about 27.5 Inches/70cms from hub centre to bottom of arch.

My sills are bang on level, but I think the front might get wound down a bit as it doesn't look quite right.
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I have 24" on the front of mine, have next to no droop left and my driveshafts are binding when the truck is on the road!

Comment

I don't have ball joint spacers...just warning you like!
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          I don't have ball joint spacers...just warning you like!
          Oh no! That's 3 now; anyone else?

Comment

Did the garage put your gearbox back in?
            What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              my driveshafts are binding
              Thats DEFINITELY not right, as you correctly surmise.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Go and look at Alan's he has them fitted. No half shaft issues in fact they improved things.
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                  I've got 2" BJ spacers (and my torsion bars are wound up a bit)

I'm at about 27.5 Inches/70cms from hub centre to bottom of arch.

My sills are bang on level, but I think the front might get wound down a bit as it doesn't look quite right.
                  I forgot to mention I have a 2" body lift as well as that will make a diference to the overall height.

My shafts are not binding but the angle they are at is pretty extreme, and the upper wishbone is touching the bumpstop at rest.

Comment

Ah! a measureing contest!
                    i have 2" spacers and a 2" body lift and not touched the torsion bars, not noticed owt wrong, nothing rubbing or binding, i'll measure it if you want tho,
                    seems a bit of a big difference between yours and puddlesurfers, i take it you did the camber adjustment?
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                      i have 2" spacers and a 2" body lift and not touched the torsion bars, not noticed owt wrong, nothing rubbing or binding, i'll measure it if you want tho,
                      seems a bit of a big difference between yours and puddlesurfers, i take it you did the camber adjustment?
                      He asked for the measurement it's not a contest (but I won )

I haven't done the camber on mine yet - I'm waiting for a friend to sort out my panhard rod so the back wheels are in-line so I can get the front adjusted to match.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                        Go and look at Alan's he has them fitted. No half shaft issues in fact they improved things.
                        I'll nip round later today. The 2" spacers should make it potentially worse (as the hub starts off 2" further down than it would normally do), not better.
                        Last edited by Albannach; 20 May 2011, 12:02. Reason: Edited for clarity

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          Thats DEFINITELY not right, as you correctly surmise.
                          Aye, I know. That'll be what my vibration was during the winter. I'm thinking it's had the bars wound down at some point, me adding the spacers has lifted it too much. Doesn't explain why I'm having issues when my truck is 3" lower than Lee's.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                            It's OK Ian, I definately need to lower it an inch or so. The geometry was done when I lifted it, will do it again when I lower it.

Comment

I seem to remember when I fitted mine, I wound the bars back down to maintain a couple of inches lift without the bars so tight they break your back and ruin the ride quality and articulation.

I think thats what they're there for rather than to get you so much lift you have the wishbone against the bumpstop, sod all articulation, ruined CVs and CV boots, but an ability to p1ss higher than others.
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X