Maximum braked towing weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum braked towing weight?

Any one know the legal maximum braked towing weight of a "L" reg 3.0l diesel auto? I assume it has the 130KZN engine. Is it lower than the KZN185? Thanks.

1,500kg

3rd gen is 2,500kg
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I am very surprised it is so low! Our caravan which we currently tow with a Ford Mondeo 2.0 diesel auto has a maximum weight of 1600kg therefore it would be illegal to tow it with a 2nd Gen!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
        I am very surprised it is so low! Our caravan which we currently tow with a Ford Mondeo 2.0 diesel auto has a maximum weight of 1600kg therefore it would be illegal to tow it with a 2nd Gen!
        If you load it up to its maximum, yes.

Comment

There is actually no official towing weight of a 'Surf', no one's found it yet anyway.

US 4Runners are listed at 1500kg, UK 4Runner are 1500 or 2200kg depending what dealer you talk to, have seen 2200kg in 4Runner handbooks though, so go with that.

Andy, was always told the Prado/Colorado was 2800kg, so happy to tow that with a 3rd Gen as well.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Aha! I just looked back at a couple of old towing weight threads, the ones I looked at gave the numbers I posted.

2,200kg and 2,800kg does sound more sensible though.

Comment

Working...
            X