Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance renewal

Just arrived this a.m.,

Sureterm Direct.....£221.53(where they get the 53p from I dont know)

However, happy as a sandboy,only up £10 from last year,

Alan

Adendum to above,just re read the form again and the renewal notice shows it as Toyota hilux surf(4 runner)estate car/station wagon,

The log book just says "light 4x4 utility" Ho Hum
    Last edited by HONEST AL; 16 May 2011, 15:10.

Better get it changed sharpish if ya plan on going anywhere near London after 2012 then !!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thats a good price, just got mine in from "swinton" and it's doubled from last year, the feckers want 450 odd quid this time, this shite happens every year, i'll give your co a try,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Insurance RIPOFF!

My renewal quote frote from flux £507 TPFT. Quote from sureterm over £1000 FC. thats with over 9yrs no claims and clean license. WTF is going on?
        Cheers Si.

Comment

Insurance

When I applied for the insurance quote initially they told me that my existing NCD was not taken into account on their policies,as they were just cheap.At that time the quote was with a subsidiary of LV,(who cares as long as its cheap).
          This time I note that it seems to be with another firm,but again ,who cares who does it as long as its cheap.It is still done through Sureterm.It was implied that if I was a member of a club or forum then I may get it cheaper.This I deemed as too much trouble,providing the club/forum evidence,so ignored it.I was also told that if there was another driver on the policy it may be cheaper also.
          In a previous life,when told this information I put an old girlfriend down as a driver and got the insurance £30 cheaper.I actually told the bloke at More Than what I had done,and he said that as long as she was a real person who "may" drive the vehicle then it was ok and legal.How does that make any sense ??? (dont tell the wife)(my wife not yours)

I also noticed that they have given me one years ncd on the policy.

So,I rang them up,as they had me down as petrol,this they corrected foc.

I mentioned my "other" ncd,which with More Than was 9 years and I was told that if I wanted to use it my policy would be about £20 cheaper than the quote,making it around the £200 mark.Why was I told a different story a year ago????

I may want to get my Saab back up and running this summer so declined the offer.It seems to me that every time you speak to someone else you get a new story.
          I only changed insurance when I got the truck and a flatfoot round the corner said he only ever goes for the cheapest,just so he is legal to be on the road.
          Yes I know,before the doomers and gloomers start up,cheapest is not always the best,but hopefully you may never need to put in a claim so the extra cost is wasted.On that train of thought I am about £500 better off since I changed to Sureterm.

But as Simon has just pointed out,WTF is going on when you get umpteen varied quotes,all from the same supplier,it really does beggar belief,Alan

Comment

Insurance???

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            Thats a good price, just got mine in from "swinton" and it's doubled from last year, the feckers want 450 odd quid this time, this shite happens every year, i'll give your co a try,
            Let us know how you get on Ian.

Comment

Insurance renewal jokes......

Have just had another quote was told in excess of a grand and the reason for insurance now being more pricey is that we have had it too cheap for the last few years. ( i wanna know which planet he was living on ) and also because i live in a city centre that is why it's more expensive. when told i dont live in a city centre he then told me i did. so obviously i dont know where i live
              Cheers Si.

Comment

I gave up trying to figure these insurance co's ages ago, they just pluck a figure out the air and hope ya sit still for it, bunch of lieing bstds the lot,
                i'll try sureteam Alan and see what b0ll0ks they come up with then say your insuring my mates truck for 221!! and see how they get out of it,
                i have about 10 years or more NCB, dont mean a thing, i do less than a thousand miles a year, dont mean a thing, it's garaged, dont mean a thing,
                roll on when the thing becomes a "classic", i once got classic insurance on a
                430 cu in Buick Riv for 50 quid, that could leave rubber on the deck, the truck takes a week to reach 60mph

Comment

OK Alan, just spent an hour online sorting this shoit out, try'd sureteam and it went straight to confused who cant even find a japanese import surf so that was that, went to direct-line and got the lowest quote which comes out at
                  £204,76 (after 20 quid cash back) its a basic fully comp policy, no legal or nc protection or legal services etc, hight voluntry excess at £400, so basicly its a bit of paper that states i have insurance till i actually hit summat, then its goodby truck! the whole thing is a nonsense, i just know i'll have to go through it all again next year, anyhow i now have the pleasure of telling swinton to stick their renewal quote,

Comment

Cheap Insurance

Look on the bright side Ian,you are now legal to drive anywhere in the world,providing you want to and can afford the fuel(I cant spell diesel).Its relatively cheap,less than 55p a day(you cant buy a bag of chips for 55p)and you dont need to even think about it for another 364 days,and even then it may be within 5% of what you have paid this week.In my mind thats reasonable inflation,if it isnt 5% ish,look around for cheaper.
                    If you look out of your window right now theres probably a sparrow chirping away to its hearts content.
                    As you say,dont have a bump,but I wonder how many people have had claim problems with reputable firms and a costly policy,high cost and a good firm are no guarantee to good service these days.
                    Anyway,rant over,get out in the sunshine and enjoy your truck,It could be worse,you could be driving a Ford Ranger,Enjoy,Regards,Alan

Savour the Swinton moment though!!!
                    Last edited by HONEST AL; 18 May 2011, 12:09.

Comment

Aye mate, your quite right there, they all try and duck out of paying up when the shite hits the fan, no matter how big the company, anyway phoned swinton and after some music she reccons they couldn't beat the quote i have gone with so i suggested she went "online" like i did

Comment

Working...
                      X