370 miles to a tank!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 370 miles to a tank!

I just had to top up the truck, and for all those that moan about running these things...

I just managed 370 miles from fill up to the fuel light just coming on and off, I anm confident that I could have made it past 400, but I wasn;t as confident that there would be another motorway services when I needed it!

The best bit? All those miles were done on a 2/3 veg oil mix

All that way and I didn't see another surf
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Sound about right to me, I manage 350ish with a boot load of stuff.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

We often get 650km to a tanks on the wife's 3rd gen, really can't complain. I often wonder how much of that is down to the tyres and how much it would change if we fitted A/T's, we have H/T's on it at the moment.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mattisaLN130 View Post
        We often get 650km to a tanks on the wife's 3rd gen, really can't complain. I often wonder how much of that is down to the tyres and how much it would change if we fitted A/T's, we have H/T's on it at the moment.

Matt
        I went from H/T's to A/T's "general grabbers" & TBH I can't see any difference.

Comment

I've got a 2nd gen so I get about 370km's to a tank!
          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post

Comment

The not so great news was that it cost £94 to fill up on the M1!

si tate is that on regular diesel or veg mix?
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                I went from H/T's to A/T's "general grabbers" & TBH I can't see any difference.
                put all terrains on my vitara and it knocked about 4mpg off, they are a higher profile though so it might be working harder to pull the slightly higher gearing, its not blessed in the power department with its 95bhp.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                  i was just gonna say that

i drove mine hard recently, outside lanes on a motorway and killeda tank in a day - 372kms managed

best i've had was about 450k's driving at 55 on motorways only

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                    The not so great news was that it cost £94 to fill up on the M1!

si tate is that on regular diesel or veg mix?
                    Just regular derv, I am going to get round to processing my 600 litres of WVO at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by popuptoaster View Post
                      put all terrains on my vitara and it knocked about 4mpg off, they are a higher profile though so it might be working harder to pull the slightly higher gearing, its not blessed in the power department with its 95bhp.
                      The grabbers handle & feel just like H/T's, shame they not making them any more "well not the ones I've got anyway"

Comment

I don't want to sh*t on your strawberries, but Lexurfs get 350 out of a tank of unleaded, and thats not driving like yer Granny.

Comment

I reckon she's good for 450 very carefull (all motorway) miles on pure derv...

This was done sitting at indicated 80 on the motorway to regular road tyres as fitted by the previous owner - who said he got an extra few MPG from them
                          (I believe this), it certainly rolls smoother and is way quieter at motorway speeds.

I still have A/Ts for playing, although it's all work work work for me now so the tamac tyres suit me fine, - just don't look as good!

Either way, the first long trip since I bought her back, no drama, very comfy, even got some nice looks and compliments on the truck which is always good!

Edit: Vince I know 1UZ + LPG I am working on the Mrs by saying its actually going to SAVE money plus honestly, I don't like diesel.

Driving a diesel is a bit like being gay, its a lot more accepted than it used to be, but it's still fooking wrong!
                          Last edited by Karma Supra; 13 May 2011, 21:35.
                          More Lift.
                          More Tyres.
                          More Engine.

Comment

Vince doesn't want to sh*t on yer strawbs, and allied with that, I have no wish to flap your spangly glovebox...I get at least 300km from £50,or a tankful, and I do believe lexurf 1V has two speeds.

Stopped and WHOAAAAAA!!!!!!
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                              I reckon she's good for 450 very carefull (all motorway) miles on pure derv...

This was done sitting at indicated 80 on the motorway to regular road tyres as fitted by the previous owner - who said he got an extra few MPG from them
                              (I believe this), it certainly rolls smoother and is way quieter at motorway speeds.

I still have A/Ts for playing, although it's all work work work for me now so the tamac tyres suit me fine, - just don't look as good!

Either way, the first long trip since I bought her back, no drama, very comfy, even got some nice looks and compliments on the truck which is always good!

Edit: Vince I know 1UZ + LPG I am working on the Mrs by saying its actually going to SAVE money plus honestly, I don't like diesel.

Driving a diesel is a bit like being gay, its a lot more accepted than it used to be, but it's still fooking wrong!

This can do 35mpg on a run...

The only diesel Surf in my garage is usually a dead one.

Comment

Working...
                              X