Courier Rip Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courier Rip Off?

Just had the courier on the phone today regarding the bull bar that Growler sent me on the 18th of April. She said that the carrier (UPS) had just infromed them that the package was bigger than the dimensions that I entered into the on line form, and they wanted another £27.00!

She asked for my credit card details and when I said I was at work she asked me to phone her back before 6. Luckily the bars are not on the truck so when I got home I bundled it back together, just like Andy did for me, and measured them up.

Lo and behold the package was actually slightly smaller than Andy had measured (not much mind). So I took photos with a tape measure against the package and then phoned the lady back. I told her that the original package size was correct and if they would like to send a representative out to check that would be fine, or I could email her the pictures.

To give her her due she was always very polite and helpful, and she told me not to worry and that she would pass the info on to UPS and await their reply.

My concern is, if the package was too big, why did they pick it up in the first place and why wait over three weeks to ask for more money?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Sounds to me as though not many know what their job is, (fairly normal today unfortunately) or someone's looking to make a few spondoole's extra tip, Jim
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Unless they have photos against a tape measure to prove it I'd just tell them to take themselves off.

Comment

Aggree with Jess, it's the way it is these days, no one seeme to do thier job properly, tell em to "do one"
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
        X