London Low Emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Low Emissions

My 3rd gen is registered as a Light Utility so it looks like I'm going to get screwed by the Emissions charge.
    I've read on here that is can and should be registered as an estate.

I have contacted the DVLA who told me to contact Toyota and get proof it's an estate.
    I contacted Toyota and they aren't able to provide that proof.

Has anyone had any luck with getting their Surf re-registered as an estate?
    If so, what proof did you show the DVLA?

have you contacted toyota GB head office? might be worth try the local dealers wont help

its no different to the colerado
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Dont think you can do anything till its time to re tax it. What i`m going to do then is tax it by post, and in the Changes to current vehicle section on the log book where it says body type i`ll be putting in estate and keeping my fingers crossed. not cos i live anywhere near London but because i suspect this is the reason my 3rd gen cost £45 a year more to tax than my second gen did

Comment

I have spokent to several dealers, and spoken to Toyotas head office, its their policy to have nothing to do with import vehicles, they wont help.

I managed to get a phone number from a friend who has a friend who is a service manager at a Toyota main dealer where i got to speak to someone who was mildy helpful, she checked the chassis number but the info they have on the UK computers does not include the body style.

She gave me a fax number for Toyota Japan, but i have not been able to get any joy from it at all.

I have another plan, but its not something to discuss on an open forum until i know how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by popuptoaster View Post
          I have spokent to several dealers, and spoken to Toyotas head office, its their policy to have nothing to do with import vehicles, they wont help.
          I'm really surprised by that. Maybe I've just been lucky but everytime I've been to visit my local Toyota main dealers (Pinkstones if you're ever in the area) they have been really helpful. The only warning was that if I was after parts not common to a UK model it might take a while to source them from Japan with it being an old vehicle.

I had a similar experience with my old Celica at the same dealers.

Comment

Toyota head office were useless.
            They first said that all Hiluxs were utility vehicles, I replied pointing out it was a Hilux SURF, they replied and said they don't have anything to do with imports.

It seems there's lots of people talking about this problem, but nobody is saying anything about having any success getting re-registered.
            I'm going to send off a letter to the DVLA later, I'll say here how I get on just in case anyone is interested.

Comment

When i spoke to the DVLA, they said they would ONLY accepot a letter from the manufacturer regarding changing 4x4 light utility to estate car, however i am also working on this and will post updates as things happen, curently i have three plans, one of which is a bit dodgy.

Comment

My last Surf was an Estate, my current one is a 5 door hatchback...
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                X