Cooling....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling....?

How much do you reckon the number plate placement effects cooling ?

My long one covers nearly the whole width across the lower valance apperture....

Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Don't know, but as its easy to do and it certainly cant hurt to get more airflow over the rad, I moved mine (on my 2nd gen) so it was on the front of the bumper.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I done a quick calc, and at 32mph it has a 27% reduction in cooling.

Boutros Boutros-Ghali

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I have a square front plate and had two lower front spots, removing these lower spots definitely improved the operation of cooling system ..more air getting in and all that...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

This is what I did with my 2nd gen plate. Lots of folk have bonnet sticker versions.

Paul, would you like one as a 'ta very much' for the fire extinguishers?

Comment

Thanks for the offer sir, but i plan to move the number plate to the bumper and
            add an extra cooling fan ready for our lake district tin snail adventure...
            So stay away from castlerigg end of june as i will be blocking the road......
            If i get there that is and don't get stuck on the M6.......

By the way i have some high pressure pipes and T pieces and 2 gauges that run up to a million bar (not quite) they came off a halon extinguisher system they dismantled at our new gaff.... yours if you want... may help your fish
            thing a little more remote......

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
              By the way i have some high pressure pipes and T pieces and 2 gauges that run up to a million bar (not quite) they came off a halon extinguisher system they dismantled at our new gaff.... yours if you want... may help your fish
              thing a little more remote......
              Might come in handy I 'spose. Let me know when you're around the area - or may catch you at The Swan next time you're there with your bike buddies

Comment

There you go, Paul. It does make a difference.....Cheers....Mick.
                Attached Files
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Cheers MWS.........

Andy not there till august but if over your way will drop in or leave on door step...... maybe when we do our quick ride out to the british camp for tea and cake....

Comment

Working...
                  X