Well thats just charming..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well thats just charming..

Last night, I got a slightly panic stricken phone call to go rescue a mate who had a wheel fall off his bike trailer on the M5..
    Got back here with his trailer on top of my trailer, wound the back window down so I could see to back down the drive, and then had to run indoors for hot sweet tea to block the whole evening out.
    This morning I noticed that I'd left the back window down. And it wouldn't go back up. I had to go to mothers today to get my dogs back that she had been looking after for the weekend, so I've been breathing diesel fumes all day, apart form the time I spent lugging sheets of asbestos about so we can get rid of it. Only about a tonne of the stuff scattered around the garden then..
    We had a look tonight and the relay clicks, but the window she dont go up.. Down, no problem, but up she no go.
    What a way to spend your fricking birthday..
    it's in me shed, mate.

It's my birthday today as well.

And there's you thinking we had nothing in common.

Happy birthday.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
      It's my birthday today as well.

And there's you thinking we had nothing in common.

Happy birthday.

And the same to you! It's got better, I now have vodka..
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
        I visited my old mum. She gave me a card with a fiver in it.

That's not even a gallon of diesel is it?
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Happy Birthday Master Toxophilite !
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Hey Charlie, that wasn't your mate that got the M5 South closed yesterday eve was it?
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              Hey Charlie, that wasn't your mate that got the M5 South closed yesterday eve was it?
              Not guilty. there was a stoppage southbound at lunchtime too. I went northbound at lunch time on the way back from a beer fest in Ludlow, and did south then north to find my mate about half 7, it was all clear then. Mind he still hasn't found the trailer wheel so that might have caused it...
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

So ya not gonna forget that Birthday are ya Charlie ...

Jess
                nearly 10 years of Surfs
                "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hello to both of you. Hope you both enjoyed/enjoy your birthdays......CHEERS. . . .MICK..
                  " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

We had a look tonight and the relay clicks, but the window she dont go up.. Down, no problem, but up she no go.
                    What a way to spend your fricking birthday..
                    I've got the same issue with my Surf. I traced it to a break somewhere between the drivers door switch and the connector block under the drivers seat.

I'll be running a fresh wire between the two once I've had a more in detail look at what's going on with the wiring in the footwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris W View Post
                      I've got the same issue with my Surf. I traced it to a break somewhere between the drivers door switch and the connector block under the drivers seat.

I'll be running a fresh wire between the two once I've had a more in detail look at what's going on with the wiring in the footwell.
                      Really? I thought the control box under the seat was for remote central locking.... I reckon if you checked the wires where the go from the door into the A pillar you will find the break there..

I have traced my trouble back to the control box...
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Happy birthdays.

are you talking about the tailgate window?

mine goes up and down of the switch in the cab, but wont work off the lock on the back..

I know its a broken cable, but yet havent had the time to replace it..

coudl be the same -

Comment

Really? I thought the control box under the seat was for remote central locking.... I reckon if you checked the wires where the go from the door into the A pillar you will find the break there..

I have traced my trouble back to the control box...
                          Naaa, 'tis the connector for the loom, under the carpet (under the seat). There is very likely going to be another connector just after the loom comes into the cab as you need to feed the wires out if you remove the door. So as you said it's likely to be broken between the door and a-pillar.

Lawsy, I'd guess your problem will lie in a far more locally with a loose connector on the lock switch.

Comment

Working...
                          X