rear window blank out & plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window blank out & plans

Slowly making progress with the plans for my Surf now...

So much so i keep forgetting to post up.. lol

Well as some of you know i recently Matt blacked my Surf..

from this..

to this..

but it was looking a little plain so first up, a few photo shop ideas..

thought about the punisher skull on the doors, but not convinced

but i do love the zombie hunter theme, so quite fancy this..

but then someone i know sent me a photoshop which really got me thinking...

then prompted some DIY window tints.. Roll of matt black vinyl off ebay and an evenings work

I think it looks good...

so next plan was supposed to be a body lift and 33's but this came up a price i couldnt say no too..

next up is get the fuel pump sorted so truck is currently at a mini meet of surfs down in Basingstoke awaiting someone to breath some magic on it..

then i'm going to run the Lex for 6 months or so, make sure its all purring well whilst saving up for an eventual trip to see Vince

Final plans would be to completely weld up the rear windows with metal and maybe even weld up the rear doors turning into a van... but not sure yet, my head says a twin side exit exhaust, lifted on 33's, V8 powered Hilux Surf Van in matt black with American hot rod influences could be pretty cool (with a candy apple red metalflake roof for good measure thrown in)

anyways, thats brought me back up to now....

comments welcome
    Last edited by lawsy; 5 May 2011, 22:46.

Damn me and a few other members on here must have some great ideas for our trucks, other people keep nicking them lol, ever heard of originality

Comment

Originally posted by zetec rob View Post
      Damn me and a few other members on here must have some great ideas for our trucks, other people keep nicking them lol, ever heard of originality

what are you on about??

Originiality in what way?

I dont know your truck at all so havent nicked anything..

If painting a truck in Matt black is unique to the surf owners club then you need to get out more!!

every part of my plan (excpet the V8) I have done previously to other vehicles, I had a Matt black Passat several years ago that went exactly this way..

So which part are you on about as I havent a clue - i certainly havent seen anothe ron here with twin side exit pipes, and turned into a van...
      Last edited by lawsy; 6 May 2011, 16:33.

Comment

I like the Zombie Hunting KLF vehicle design

Comment

I actually quite like that and with 33" and a V8 it will look and sound the nads.. Are you going completly black out and get the wheels anodised / painted?

Twins from the side just in front of the rear tyre would look the best as well.
          Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by madmanc View Post
            I actually quite like that and with 33" and a V8 it will look and sound the nads.. Are you going completly black out and get the wheels anodised / painted?

Twins from the side just in front of the rear tyre would look the best as well.
            I'm thinking of doing completely black'd out

guess I'll be more 'original' then and get some black modulars.. pmsl

But yes, I'm thinking 33's on 10" modulars, so all black some little red hints here n there, maybe a pinstripe round the the edge of the wheels..
            The zombie hunter idea is cool, but too wild n vivid for driving to work and around etc.. But i do currently have a deathproof styled skull ont he bonnet in dark steel grey.. thinking of moving the punisher logo up there

Next up I think I'll offer for swaps my chrome bumpers for black ones (pointless painting chrome bumpers when others could make use)

the pipes will stay as are, by twin exits, the pipes are either side, so plan would be each half of the Vee into each side.. that'll be about the only chrome/shiney part as they are stainless pipes..

next phase will be body lift and 33's tho

Comment

IMHO, just matt black looks classy - not my thing personally, but I can understand why it is all the rage at the moment.
              Matt black with stickers (skulls/zombie etc) on the other hand looks like something homemade from a trailer park. Also definitely a police magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                IMHO, just matt black looks classy - not my thing personally, but I can understand why it is all the rage at the moment.
                Matt black with stickers (skulls/zombie etc) on the other hand looks like something homemade from a trailer park. Also definitely a police magnet.
                lol s'pose you dont like people with tattoo's either

i've said it many a time, each to their own opinions.. i too love matt black, this must be the 10th vehicle i've painted it, was a bit peeved when it started getting popular, but i love it... zombie theme is a bit of fun till it gets closer to being finished, that'll go and it'll be plain when finished

so want to do the lexarse and run around with that matt black too..

Comment

Nope mine ain't matt black, but my mates is, anyway it's nothing to do with the matt black, just that he posted about blacking out his back windows so it was more like a van and i posted that i was doing a Punisher theme and low and behold someone else is doing it, maybe it is just coincidence, just peed me off a bit that's all

Comment

By the way, i love tattoo's lol, well i'd better, i'm a tattoo artist lol

Comment

I'm going to do mine satin black so there!
                      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by zetec rob View Post
                        Nope mine ain't matt black, but my mates is, anyway it's nothing to do with the matt black, just that he posted about blacking out his back windows so it was more like a van and i posted that i was doing a Punisher theme and low and behold someone else is doing it, maybe it is just coincidence, just peed me off a bit that's all

too right its coincidence then

when did you post up about yours as i haven't seen it, neither have i seen your 'mates' one posted up in matt black... I actually did these a while back, but forgot to post about it on here

maybe i should be pee'd off then that you too are doing my plans - although my plans were hatched about 8 years ago originally for a B3 Passat.. But i'm not one to go ranting on someone elses plans

as to tattoo's i have a flamed punisher skull on my arm and flames up my arm with skulls in them.. thought i'd mention that in case i'll be accussed of copying anyone there too lmao

out of interest, using the 'search' button typing in punisher under your log in name, returns 2 posts, 1 of them is this thread and the other no relation to punisher style on your truck, just that it is your cb handle

so maybe you have posted up about it on another forum, but i cant see it on this one...
                        Last edited by lawsy; 6 May 2011, 21:35.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                          I'm going to do mine satin black so there!

lol, mine was originally supposed to satin, but the paint suppliers sent me 24 cans of matt instead of 12 cans of satin for a previous project, so i had loads left..

anyways, to move this forward..

i found this punisher logo kind of adapted taken from this image from a google search ages

so i thought of putting it on the bonnet, but as punisher is done lots on cars (as this thread prooves) i started looking about for other ideas

i then remembered the film Deathproof (if you haven seen it, go watch it)

and they use this logo on the bonnet, so i photoshopped it on, and really like it

have currently got it on the bonnet too, but stupidly i centred it from the wiper which when unmasking made me realise its off centre, so i need to strip back and repaint at some stage..

But i'm also contemplating a modern take on the pin up girls that used to adorn the side of planes etc

but instead a blonde riding a bomb, i'm thinking something more like this

again, i'm not doing this for anyones approval, just having fun and enjoying how it goes, hence why i always say

comments welcome..

Comment

I was thinkig about doing the deathproof graphic along with the duck

http://deathproofduck.com/
                            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                              I was thinkig about doing the deathproof graphic along with the duck

http://deathproofduck.com/
                              yeah, i very nearly bought a duck a while ago, but then noticed how much they are, stick on import tax too and its a hell of a lot of money to stick on the front, so sent off an email to those people who make all the different style ducks and asked them if they had thought about making a chromed one - never got a reply tho

Comment

Working...
                              X