yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of busy days! waterpump sorted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of busy days! waterpump sorted!

I've had a couple of busy days working on my truck

Yesterday I made some front ARB spacers and reinstalled my front ARB with Polybush's and brand new links (as I broke the others removing it)

Then Dixie came over and we changed the water pump on mine, put in a silicone air filter x-over hose, changed the rear diff oil in his truck, greased all the grease nipples and door hinges on both trucks.

Today I changed engine oil and filter, fuel filter and rocker cover gasket (because it was leaking) while the rocker cover was off I cleaned it and sprayed it (red) I also checked both of my diff's oil levels and installed the diff breather kit I've had for nearly a year!

While I was working the delivery man turned up with my new winch - just need a bumper now!
    The another turned up with the bonnet scoop I won on ebay! So i'm going to do my intercooler soon (hopefully)
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

You've done more in a few days than I've done in a year, saying that I've not modded mine "YET".
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
      I've had a couple of busy days working on my truck

The another turned up with the bonnet scoop I won on ebay! So i'm going to do my intercooler soon (hopefully)
      What type of scoop did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
        What type of scoop did you get?
        The scoop is from an Isuzu Trooper Bighorn.

The Intercooler is from a Landrover defender - it's supposed to be front mount but i'm hoping I can make it fit!

This is the first vehicle I've had (except my first car) that I've spent any time and money looking after not to mention modifiying!
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Had a couple of busy days myself!, stripped off the intercooler to see what was up with the sticky throttle, cant see owt wrong with the cable and the spring on the flap wheel is fine and strong, did find two broken intercooler mount brackets tho (on the throttle side,) so the rad had dropped down a bit and was only supported on it's hose, wondering if it was fouling the throttle flap thing? new brackets made and fitted, steel this time as opposed to alloy,
          also altered the heater hoses and connected up the leccy pump, burped it and run it up to temp and it still dont seem to be able to get heat to the rear or the heater!!! fecked if i know, i think the pump just aint doing it, (its a 24v one on 12v so wtf! i give up, ) changed the air filter and got some oil today so it's the oil filter, oil and a fuel filter next,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
            The scoop is from an Isuzu Trooper Bighorn.

The Intercooler is from a Landrover defender - it's supposed to be front mount but i'm hoping I can make it fit!

This is the first vehicle I've had (except my first car) that I've spent any time and money looking after not to mention modifiying!
            Nice! Lots of pics please when you start!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Had a couple of busy days myself!, stripped off the intercooler to see what was up with the sticky throttle, cant see owt wrong with the cable and the spring on the flap wheel is fine and strong, did find two broken intercooler mount brackets tho (on the throttle side,) so the rad had dropped down a bit and was only supported on it's hose, wondering if it was fouling the throttle flap thing? new brackets made and fitted, steel this time as opposed to alloy,
              also altered the heater hoses and connected up the leccy pump, burped it and run it up to temp and it still dont seem to be able to get heat to the rear or the heater!!! fecked if i know, i think the pump just aint doing it, (its a 24v one on 12v so wtf! i give up, ) changed the air filter and got some oil today so it's the oil filter, oil and a fuel filter next,
              Sounds like the pipes that run under the centre console are blocked mate.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
              X