Auto gear box Prado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto gear box Prado

Oh the joys of living near an airport !!! a friend has left his Prado at my place while he flies off to Alicante, I had to move the prado this morning and found that it did not pull away when I put my foot down on the throttle ? anyway after a milisecond time lag it moved, i braked (so I didn't wipe out neighbours fence) then tried to pull away again, same thing happened stood still then moved forward, is the Prado the same auto box as mine ? Anybody got any ideas what is going on there ? i took it round the village and it didn't do it againHope mine doesn't catch this fault in the future, he changed his tyres to ATs the same time as me ,do they make a difference ?
    Death rides a Black Horse

ATF low?

Comment

Don't know about atf levels, i do know that he doesn't service it as regular as he should, it's a 96N, I've never come across that before, is it easy to check on mine ?

thanks Vince !

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
        Don't know about atf levels, i do know that he doesn't service it as regular as he should, it's a 96N, I've never come across that before, is it easy to check on mine ?

thanks Vince !
        Easy:
        • Park on a level surface.
        • With the engine idling and the handbrake applied, shift the selector into all positions from "P" to "L", and then shift into "P" position.
        • Pull out the dipstick and wipe off the fluid with a clean rag. Re-insert the dipstick and remove again, check that the fluid level is in the HOT range.
        • Do this check with the fluid at normal temperature (70 - 80°C, 158 - 176°F) .

If necessary add ATF DEXRON-II or DEXRON III

Comment

Sorry Vince, remember Surf Numpty here, How do I get to the dip stick ?
          thanks for the instructions !

Comment

Sorry Vince, remember Surf Numpty here, How do I get to the dip stick ?
            thanks for the instructions !
            Under the bonnet towards the rear of the engine, similar location to this.......
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnE8Loysf2Q

Comment

John I'm in shock, I thought you were like me & checked everything on a weekly basis.

I am very disappointed in you.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Under the bonnet towards the rear of the engine, similar location to this.......
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnE8Loysf2Q
                Thank you Oh Wise One

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                  John I'm in shock, I thought you were like me & checked everything on a weekly basis.

I am very disappointed in you.
                  Thank you Simon or should I say Pinnochio ? I check everything on a weekly basis ??? Yes you clean your Guns regularly more like !

anyway I use the guys at the garage , but on this occasion I will attempt to do a 'health check' on my auto box ( I won't look under the bonnet of the Prado it is most likely still full of clay from off roading at Robin Hoods Bay !

Have you given up on coming over to Donny to see Alan ? or did you engage stealth mode and sneak in under our radar ?

Comment

Thank you Simon or should I say Pinnochio ? I check everything on a weekly basis ??? Yes you clean your Guns regularly more like !

anyway I use the guys at the garage , but on this occasion I will attempt to do a 'health check' on my auto box ( I won't look under the bonnet of the Prado it is most likely still full of clay from off roading at Robin Hoods Bay !

Have you given up on coming over to Donny to see Alan ? or did you engage stealth mode and sneak in under our radar ?
                    Alan is always away in the tin snail on weekends, I'm free any weekend except bank holidays so it's as & when you 2 are free.

What about this weekend?
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Ha ! checked my auto box as instructed and nice clean oil ! correct level ! Prado needs some , Tony actually looked under the bonnet !!! low and behold ...an engine and stuff, I really wonder what that bloke does with his trucks, certainly doesn't service them or take them to garages !!!

I'm about this weekend Si, maybe at the museum working on the Hunter undercarriage sunday

Comment

Working...
                      X