Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panasonic VX777 Double Dinn not working

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help. I have a Panasonic VX777 double Dinn unit in the Surf I have just bought. When I put CD in, it spits it out again after displaying some E numbers on the display. I can only get Radio 2 also so will need to fit a band expander.

Just wondering whether to fit the band expander of the CD is broken. Is it like DVD where you have to unlock region or anything?

Also unsure how the hell I am supposed to get the unit out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

cheaper & less hastle to buy something decent i did
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      cheaper & less hastle to buy something decent i did

Yep ditch it, and buy a good uk spec one and universal pocket to fill the hole left underneath.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

go for a double din uk spec unit (type in double din on a uk search engine) it is far neater, to get at the radio, the centre dash has to come out.......
        '91 2.4td---remove small cover under ashtray two fixings on either side......gently pull off heater slider knobs.......remove screws near handbrake, and glovebox, (i can't remember how many screws exactly, but there is also a 10mm bolt on passenger side of dash) gently remove heater control facia (be careful, it has push fittings, and a 'locking' tag on the drivers side of it, so remove from passenger end first), the multiplugs for the cigar lighter and digital clock need to be removed, move centre dash away........the radio has 4 bolt/screw fixings on two brackets either side of the radio, the brackets are standard toyota fittings, most toyotas are fixed like this, if the radio multi plugs are all intact, then do not cut them, you can buy a harness adapter from halfords, part number:-PC2-17-4 designed for all daihatsu (except commercials) and all toyotas (except mr2 with active speakers, tercel), the harness is compatible with all modern din type radios.
        [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

radio

will the electric ariel work when u plug uk spec in
          black n tan
          black n tan
          yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

yep, aerial works fine. I replaced the fitted jap double din unit, after scouring the web and contacts to see if I could get it to work but was advised at all places to get rid. Now got uk cd/dvd/stereo and fitted flip out monitor and everything is working fine......including the aerial

Comment

go for a single din... then you get a handy pocket to put your fags in!

(that's cigarrettes to any yanks!)
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                go for a single din... then you get a handy pocket to put your fags in!

(that's cigarrettes to any yanks!)
                No you need to use the centre console for that, the fags tend to fall out of the din pocket when you are going round corners (nothing worse than searching for your fags on the floor when hammering up the M40) - I know I gave up on that trick long before I put my Double din unit in.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X