Suspicious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspicious

Thought I share this with you...I recently posted a "Wanted Request" here for a pair of good rear corner bumpers for my 95 Reg Surf. I was privately contacted by a person living in France who said he could supply bumpers in mint condition, (later I wasn't quite sure if he was reffering to 1 or 2 bumpers), for $180. I asked him several times for pics but he said he had tried to upload photos but had given up. He states.........

Am so sorry i tried attaching pictures to you,but am getting a return message with failure notification, so i decided to forgo it, as it's in a perfect condition as stated in my previous mail. Is the price okay with you. Whats your complete shipping address you want it shipped to. I will e-mail to you info with which you can send payment with via Western union or Money gram, to enable me pay for the postage and then have it shipped to you.

Wake upppp! Alarm bells are ringing "

Anyone else experienced this type of contact??

Andy

Obvious advance-fee fraud scam. Hopeless English, request for payment via Moneygram or Western Union, amount given in dollars. Classic.

Comment

Exactly

Comment

I did.!!

A reply to a possible wanted ad for uprated torsion bars. I say possible 'cos it would of been over 2yrs ago as I've found, bought, installed, removed and sold my uprated bars.

Anyways French bloke emailed saying he'd seen my ad and had a pair

Comment

Working...
        X