got to sort it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got to sort it out

Soddin throttle stuck again, woman flashed me out into traffic, floored it and it stuck on full throttle, almost $hit myself, wierd how blind panic takes hold, all i had to do was indicate stop and switch off but i was standing on the break, in drive shoved it into netural and it was revving it's boll0ks off, back in drive and wheel spin, thank god it released just as we were comeing up to a line of cars at the lights, mrs was passing bricks as well, it's comeing off the road a couple of days so i can remove the intercooler and sort it, plus do the heater pipes stuff, sod that
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

They say that shock is good for you.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
      They say that shock is good for you.
      Not at Ians age.
      I believe he is the oldest active member ?
      Сви можемо

Comment

That happened to me once its normal to brick it!! i did.I saw myself in a little white nighty running through a corn field heading towards the light!!!
        GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
          Not at Ians age.
          I believe he is the oldest active member ?
          I was going to say that!! getting less active by the day

Comment

Blimey Ian have you fixed this yet?? Can't be having that. Please give it a few good "engine off" tests before going out again. Have someone repeatedly stamp on it while someone else inspects everything.

Glad you and the mrs are fine and no damage caused to any(one|thing).
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              I was going to say that!! getting less active by the day
              Blood* Lippy Nippers
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops View Post
                Blood* Lippy Nippers
                Hi Pops, truck looks nice from that small pic. Do you have a bigger one?
                Hope you're well,
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  Blimey Ian have you fixed this yet?? Can't be having that. Please give it a few good "engine off" tests before going out again. Have someone repeatedly stamp on it while someone else inspects everything.

Glad you and the mrs are fine and no damage caused to any(one|thing).
                  Cheer's mate (or should i call you Nana?) no still not done it, just dont floor the pedal, i'm scared of ringing toyota for a price on a new cable, bound to be a remortgage job, plus i aint sure if ya have to do the kickdown cable at the same time!.

actually i did remove the intercooler to have a butchers and found the cooler support bracket had broken on the throttle side, i think the cooler hose was in fact fouling the cable flap pivot on the inlet where it had dropped down slightly, worker the flap and its nice and springy, returns to idle position well, i will replace the cable at some point tho, better safe than sorry
                  Last edited by POPEYE; 10 June 2011, 18:06.

Comment

Cheer's mate (or should i call you Nana?) no still not done it, just dont floor the pedal, i'm scared of ringing toyota for a price on a new cable, bound to be a remortgage job, plus i aint sure if ya have to do the kickdown cable at the same time!.
                    The throttle cable is a seperate item Ian, just hooked on at both ends.
                    Get one from a breaker, shouldn't cost more than a tenner delivered.

Comment

Cheer's Vince, edited it before i saw your post, i believe "lord lucan" is out only resident breaker now stormy's not doing it anymore, i'll have to give him a pm (assumeing he's got a blue star!) like i said it seems ok since i remade the intercooler bracket but i'd still like to replace the cable,

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        Hi Pops, truck looks nice from that small pic. Do you have a bigger one?
                        Hope you're well,
                        yes
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by pops; 10 June 2011, 18:48.
                        Enjoying Life after Cancer
                        Pops

Comment

That looks mighty nice!

Comment

Cheer's Vince, edited it before i saw your post, i believe "lord lucan" is out only resident breaker now stormy's not doing it anymore, i'll have to give him a pm (assumeing he's got a blue star!) like i said it seems ok since i remade the intercooler bracket but i'd still like to replace the cable,
                            TonyN?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              TonyN?
                              Never thought about Tony, cheers mate,

Comment

Working...
                              X