• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodders old 2.4 up for sale again

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-Surf-Hi...t_30244wt_1139
    rediculous price being asked for it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

That is a really nice looking Surf! I wouldn't pay nearly 4k for it but it is nice.

I cleaned mine today (so I could take photo's of it ) The 2nd time since i've owned it - Last time it was cleaned was by Cooper at Avalanche last year!
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-Surf-Hi...t_30244wt_1139
      rediculous price being asked for it
      I am not sure which is funnier. The price, or that exhaust on a 2.4 diesel...

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
        I am not sure which is funnier. The price, or that exhaust on a 2.4 diesel...
        Or the fact that it seems to be running what looks like 35" tyres with no mention of a final drive ratio change........................ .............................. .....(acceleration)........... ........................Cheers ....Mick
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

yep its running 35's and when rodders had it he was going to fit a new diff to drive the 35's but never fitted it

Comment

Still looks in good nick though.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

and the price wont be so "ridiculous" or roll on the floor funny if he gets it. And he well might. Obviously not from anyone here, but the country is full of non forum members, many of whom might like it
              Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                and the price wont be so "ridiculous" or roll on the floor funny if he gets it. And he well might. Obviously not from anyone here, but the country is full of non forum members, many of whom might like it
                Why not? People pay a ridiiculous price for things all the time. Try going to a Chelsea antique shop. Doesn't stop it being ridiculous though.

Comment

It's lost it's front numberplate and the tailgate doesn't open properly. Also it needs a lexus engine.
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

[QUOTE=flounderbout;714141] Try going to a Chelsea antique shop. /QUOTE]

OK, I,ll have a look around for one next time I venture into Edinburgh
                    Сви можемо

Comment

[QUOTE=Bogus;714144]
                      Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                      Try going to a Chelsea antique shop. /QUOTE]

OK, I,ll have a look around for one next time I venture into Edinburgh
                      No need, there are plenty like it on Prince's Street... Like that Harry Enfield Sketch "I saw you coming" or whatever it was...

Comment

[QUOTE=flounderbout;714147]
                        Originally posted by Bogus View Post

No need, there are plenty like it on Prince's Street... Like that Harry Enfield Sketch "I saw you coming" or whatever it was...
                        If only that were true. Princes street is full of buses, tartan tat shops, opticians and a handful of the same droll chainstores that every high street in the land is blessed with, and just to get the whole tone up, Primark are on the way. On a positive note, its gone from 2 Burger Kings to none.
                        Сви можемо

Comment

From what i can see it's just been polished, it was full of scratches when it was at my house last, silly price but not if he gets it, nice truck tho, dont think Rod had any probs with the drive, wonder what rodders is up to now?
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

TBH, you couldn't buy a stock truck and get it looking like that for much less.

But then modd'ed trucks never fetch what they are worth unless you're really lucky.
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

if the guy gets the asking price then fair game to him,but surely he must of do some searching to see what the truck is worth.
                              At the end of the day it's worth what someone will pay for it

Comment

Working...
                              X