Pictures of my truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
    Nice pics Lee, looks like you've been busy those tyres have scrubbed up well - looks like a different truck to when I saw it last.

Think my side steps need to come off, but they are far too useful..
    Cheers John, I didn't use the steps before but my truck is getting so high that I'm thinking of putting them back on (or custom slider/steps)
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I'll definitely be leaving the side steps on. I kinda like the idea of my truck "looking" smaller than it actually is until you try to climb into it!

Comment

those wheels.

those wheels look the muts nuts.

the lift is too extreme for what i am after but the wheel/tyre combo is very much me.

would is be possible to fit 15/10j rims with similar tyres on a truck with just landcruiser springs ? (a total of 3 inch suspension lift with no body lift)

si
        Last edited by Hesh; 30 April 2011, 22:37. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Hesh View Post
          those wheels look the muts nuts.

the lift is too extreme for what i am after but the wheel/tyre combo is very much me.

would is be possible to fit 15/10j rims with similar tyres on a truck with just landcruiser springs ? (a total of 3 inch suspension lift with no body lift)

si
          If you don't have a 4" lift 33's will rub on the inner wheel arches on full lock - You might be able to get 32/11.5/15's on and will definately be able to fit 31/10.5/15's - the wheels I have are availiable from silverline and are also in 15 x 8 if you wanted 31's or 32's

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
            If you don't have a 4" lift 33's will rub on the inner wheel arches on full lock - You might be able to get 32/11.5/15's on and will definately be able to fit 31/10.5/15's - the wheels I have are availiable from silverline and are also in 15 x 8 if you wanted 31's or 32's
            ta very muchly. I have previously worked in the metric sizes of tyre so whats the nearest equivelent to 31s? (ive read the tyre info thread but still not sure due to differing widths)

Comment

Originally posted by Hesh View Post
              ta very muchly. I have previously worked in the metric sizes of tyre so whats the nearest equivelent to 31s? (ive read the tyre info thread but still not sure due to differing widths)
              265/75/r16

ish
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                Cheers John, I didn't use the steps before but my truck is getting so high that I'm thinking of putting them back on (or custom slider/steps)
                Ooops!

While I was cleaning the threads of the 12 bolts which hold the steps on, they accidently fell off!

I have to put them back on for our camping trip, but in the meantime I 've got a really high truck!

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

these things do happen!

Comment

Looking nice!!! Wheels really suit the body colour I wouldn't satin it but this is my opinion.
                    How do the roughcountry shocks compare in stiffness? Why did you go for those if you don't mind me asking.

Nice work on the whole lot
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                      Looking nice!!! Wheels really suit the body colour I wouldn't satin it but this is my opinion.
                      How do the roughcountry shocks compare in stiffness? Why did you go for those if you don't mind me asking.

Nice work on the whole lot
                      Cheers Tony - It's getting rusty and tatty in places that's why I want to respray it and I thought Satin would be easier than gloss as it won't show imperfections as much.

The shocks are much better than the standard ones I had on (admittedly they were probably 19 years old!) I couldn't find anywhere which sold Procomp for Toyota. I found a link for this 4-5" suspension lift and figured if they made a lift kit then they must know what they're talking about!

http://www.roughcountry.com/suspensi...r_90-95_5.html

I went for the Nirogen filled Nitro 9000 shocks they were about £5 per shock more expensive that the standard ones. I also got a Rough Country uprated steering damper - I got a single one but the also do a dual damper kit.

Comment

Working...
                      X