2.4 slow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 slow?

Even after all the 3.0 drivers poking fun at our slow 2.4's i managed to get a speeding ticket while coming home from hols at filey on friday. I was even towing the caravan!

Going to cost £95 + half a day off work for a "Speed awareness course"

Bugger!
    Non consternationes.

Why £95?

Comment

Where did they get you ?
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Thats what the letter with the ticket said.

£60 fine and 3 points or £95, the speed awareness course with no points.

I had a speeding ticket 6 years ago which ended up with 3 points and this put my insurance up considerably. I might learn one day to be more careful (but i doubt it)
        Non consternationes.

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
          Where did they get you ?
          Holme on spalding moor
          Apparently a small section of the 40 road has been reduced to 30, not very well signed and lots of complaints.

But i probably should have taken more notice....
          Non consternationes.

Comment

They must have made an absolute mint over the weekend ! Would you believe we had a mobile camera between Arksey and Barnby Dun ? That 30mph is very new ,was he sat in the gap on the wall side ? They were outside the kitchen factory at Howden this morning

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
              They must have made an absolute mint over the weekend ! Would you believe we had a mobile camera between Arksey and Barnby Dun ? That 30mph is very new ,was he sat in the gap on the wall side ? They were outside the kitchen factory at Howden this morning
              Takings are down and the coffers are empty due the snow over Xmas I guess.

Comment

Not sure, didn't even see him. Thats what's annoying. We did see one at Howden near the kitchen factory.

I think they must have all been out waiting just for me!
                Non consternationes.

Comment

dont pay ....yet.

ask for a "calibration report" first, if they are not up to date they can't fine/points you.

as for 2.4's being slow..........they aint. i can get 40 up my hill and leave quite a few cars in the distance, especiall with the ect on.

on another note, i'm in bridlington at the mo,and the pub round the corner from me mams charged me £3.15 a pint 2 years ago so not been in since.

went in tonight for a quick un and weehhyyy hhheeeyyy £2.20.

needlesss to say i've just comee in

Comment

Be warned all the cameras in South Yorkshire will be converted to digital and all switched on by May 20th !! I have to pass 12 on my trip to work in Barnsley

Comment

I thought they (the vans and guys with hand helds) had to be in plain view and not obscured?

Mind you, they make the rules don't they. I got caught twice on the same stretch of road in North Wales in two years. They changed the bl00dy speed limits so often it was difficult to keep up! Mind you, since Brunstrom had the chop, I haven't seen any 'Scamera vans' or 'safety' partnership vans anywhere along that stretch of road.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

"on another note, i'm in bridlington at the mo,and the pub round the corner from me mams charged me £3.15 a pint 2 years ago so not been in since.

went in tonight for a quick un and weehhyyy hhheeeyyy £2.20.

needlesss to say i've just comee in"

BONUS!
                        Non consternationes.

Comment

on the treorchy road in s.wales there used to be 2 speed signs,30 and 40, both facing the oncoming traffic...... parralell to each other .i just put that down to the welsh being welsh though, not sneaky coppers

will keep an eye out for the nasties on the way home

Comment

I was in Ipswich on Friday and they had some strange looking van parked up along a country road. I thought they were dogging so I slowed down to have a peek - but to my amazement it was a scamera van! Ipswich is quite a distance from me - I've been a little worried if I have somehow been snapped - I wouldnt know anything about it until the mail dropped on the mat.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                            X