The bull bars are off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bull bars are off

Having been meaning to do this for absolutely ages I finally got around to removing the bull bars from the front of my Surf this evening.

Damn, those bolts were hard to undo! I needed a breaker bar just to turn them, even after plenty of soaking with penetrating dismantling oil (Didn't have PlusGas to hand so used the same kinda thing as made by 3-in-1). I was pleased that the bolts remained intact cos I really didn't fancy drilling them out if they'd snapped off!

My intention is to replace the full set of bull bars with an A-bar but I'm missing some bits (link to my post in the parts wanted section). If anyone could post photos of what the bits under the engine "should" look like I'd really appreciate it.

I definitely prefer the look of the truck without the full bull bars on it. It should also prove to be slightly less annoying to drive in the dark too because there won't be a reflection of the headlights blinding me from the bull bars!

I definitely want to put the A-bar on if I possibly can though. Just a presonal preference but I reckon that Surfs with A-bars on look a bit more like they should do...

That blummin' bull bar weighs a fair old bit too. I was extra careful to make sure it didn't fall on my head when I was undoing the bolts!

Looks so much better.
    Brian

Comment

Just thought I might as well add a "before" photo as a comparison...

EDIT: This isn't a photo from directly before I removed the bull bars. The wife had bought a new sofa on eBay a couple of months ago and this was the photo from just after I got home...
      Last edited by Rustinho; 25 April 2011, 23:09.

Comment

Looks so much better without the couch
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Looks so much better without the couch
          Not a Surf fashion accessory I would expect to catch on...!

Comment

Working...
          X