Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine bay clean up!!

Hi all
    I've currently got the engine out and stripped from my "other" 4x4xfar,and would like to clean up the engine bay a bit!!
    Question is what have you guys used to sparkle it up!! It seems to have been srayed with laquer in the past and now its brown and dirty,but if you scrape it with a finger nail it reveals nice clean paint! Obviously I don't want to scrath the whole engine bay with my finger nails!!

Regards

Mark

Gunk, a scrubbing brush and water?

Comment

Yeh I was thinking somthing like that,but here its "Dégraissant".I was hoping somone would say I've used xx product, spray on,go for a cold one,come back,and its all done!!
      Looks like it's going to be good old fashioned hard work!!!

Best
      Mark

Comment

No easy way unless you have an industrial type steam cleaner, save some old spray bottles (cillitt bang etc, they dont last long with degreaser) buy a gall of gunk or similar water soluble cleaner, give it a spray and leave to well soak in, another spray and scrub with an old paint brush jet wash it off and repeat is theres any shoit left, if the paints good a quick buff up with some car polish and it will look like new,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I've used commercial truck cleaner in combo with a hot water pressure washer. I wouldn't want to do it too often - the stuff seems corrosive.

Comment

Autoglym engine bay cleaner very good results.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              No easy way unless you have an industrial type steam cleaner, save some old spray bottles (cillitt bang etc, they dont last long with degreaser) buy a gall of gunk or similar water soluble cleaner, give it a spray and leave to well soak in, another spray and scrub with an old paint brush jet wash it off and repeat is theres any shoit left, if the paints good a quick buff up with some car polish and it will look like new,
              Yep thats the way I'm going to go! I can't get my new block delivered till next week anyway,so I've got a week to get it done.

Thanks all for the replies

Regards

Mark

Comment

Jizer works a treat on greasy things. May be worth a try!
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  Jizer !
                  Hope this is something different to what I used this word for as a school boy!!

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
                    Hope this is something different to what I used this word for as a school boy!!
                    No thats Jizz! Unless they bottle that stuff up these days?
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

http://www.axminster.co.uk/jizer-par...9/?src=froogle
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                      X