what a disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what a disaster

Well, there I was doing a favour for my sis...She had bought a motorhome on the Isle of Skye and asked if I could take her up to collect it. As the other half was working I had to take my 2 Irish setters and new addition 10 week old yorkie.

My other sis came with me to share the driving in the motorhome (swift Kontiki, ducato petrol 2 litre). All was going good until we reached the north end of Newcastle when I had a rear tyre blowout. I phoned the RAC and the numpty on the phone could not understand where I was!...does on the A1 going north on the dual carriageway, next junction Hexham not clear enough??? By this time the police, traffic police and highway maintainance arrived and to cut a long story short the traffic police very kindly changed our tyre...We duly went on our way and about an hour or so later the RAC phoned to say someone was on their way.!!!
    All was well to Edinburgh when I picked up my other sister, partner, son and 3 dogs....We got to Fort William and my sister was putting fuel in the motorhome when it was realised that she was putting diesel in my petrol tank!!!! Argggh...We thought it would be ok as she put in about 10 litres and we filled up with petrol. Thought it would run a bit like a pig for a while....Then as we went on our way there looked like white smolke belching out of the exhaust (my sis said it was the deisel and not to worry!!! ). Then a few miles down the road the temp gauge warning light came on.....stopped and opened the hood. There appeared to be no water in the expansion tank, so we filled up with water and drove another 2 miles. Temp gauge went up again!!!!lots of white ''smoke'' . Phoned RAC......its the head gasket they said!!!!!. Took us to Kyle of Lochalsh and basically we spent another week on the Isle of Skye, motorhome still not fixed (prob be for another 2 weeks). RAC would not take us back home as they said motorhome was more than 18 feet long) We rented a static caravan for a week and arrived back in Edinburgh yesterday, so waiting for hubby to pick us up and take us back to Leeds. Oh and the poor dogs got 16 ticks between them!!! Lucky white heather.....

Bl00dy 'ell, Who's the jinx?
    Find out and keep clear of them.

(Unless it's you)
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

The weather's been good this week.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

feel for you ,i thought it was suppose to happen in 3s
        JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

our carver water heater decided to flood the floor of the motorhome . Just as well my MH sleeps 6. It was rather crowded with 5 adults and 6 dogs, tempers getting a bit frayed. ''There's goin tae be a murder'' went through my mind several times. I am sure people thought we were 'travelling'' fraternity. All that was needed was the wooden clothes pegs.

Comment

Lucky the weather was on your side even if the motorhome was not ... hope ya get it sorted soon n Good Luck

Jess
            nearly 10 years of Surfs
            "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              The weather's been good this week.
              Always a bright side!

Comment

Just as we were packing the car in Edinburgh to drive back to Leeds, my nice twin sis shut the door on my little finger.....It was so excruciatingly sore I was nearly sick and almost passed out.....Thank goodness I didn't drive home. Its still throbbing and swollen now!....

Comment

have you checked your lottery
                  JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

More Drama's than "Calamity Jane" at least ya can laugh at em eh !! n ya on ya way home now carefully I hope ..
                    Good Luck

Jess
                    nearly 10 years of Surfs
                    "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                    X