Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• servicing in wales

hello all,
    anybody know/recommend a garage that services surfs ??
    or...... if your a spanner man, want to earn some cash ??
    cheers
    CARL......

rhondda valleys
    p.s
    i,ve got all the bits from milners....
    2.4 T.D,s should carry a government health warning

Servicing your Surf

Hello

Another Valley boy, there's lovely then! I'm in Porthcawl at the moment, and from Pontycymer, but not offering my mechanical assistance, but will be happy to talk - mobile 07766 685216.

The basic service on a 2.4 diesel is pretty easy, if you are just doing the oil and filters. A couple of spanners and you're away, and it takes about an hour or so - done mine last week ready for the long August of towing the horses around.

Anyway, give us a call.

Andrew
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Amazing how everybody ends up in Porthcawl!

If you are here over the weekend, there is a beer festival on at the Jolly Sailor in Newton - starts tonight, finishes sunday night or when the beer runs out!
      [SIZE=2][COLOR=White]You can't have everything. Where would you put it?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

andrew, many thanks....
        ......mmmmm, a beer festival, eh !!
        sounds good, may try it on saturday evening.
        i won,t be hard to spot..... bald head, specs, life n soul
        towing wife/ two 10yr old girls

Comment

If you fancy a drive

Hi Welsh Surfo !

If you fancy a drive go on up to Builth Wells,go and see Geraint @ Toyota North Road Garage.They are 60% cheaper than in S Wales,know Surf,s inside out,are very used to 4x4,s anyway - sheep country,and I cannot recommend them enough.I have had my Surfo for 11 months now,and have towed to S Spain and back with it.The probs I had when I bought it,have all been sorted by them.It,s like new now.In particular - the brake fluid boils (?) replace that with new,the 4 wheel (not two) tracking has been done = no more wobbles @ 60mph.All the drive train oils have been changed,and everything greased - it was all in a shocking state - everything is now smooth,the air and fuel filters have been changed - they were in a "dead" state,I am now getting an extra 8mph per gallon of fuel ! All this is on a Surf with 56k miles ! My advice is "if you dont want big probs go on up there." It,s not as easy as some make out to keep a Surfo in top line order...your friend from Chepstow ...Surfin ...

Comment

cheers surfin, sounds good, i,ll give ,em a bell
            u ain,t got their number have you ???
            cheers
            CARL

Comment

El Numero de Geraint

Holas Amigo !
              Can,t get the winter in Spain out of my head ! (Going back on 30.10.04.)
              Geraint Thomas is the man on 01982 552600 -"tell him you have been speaking to Colin from Chepstow with The Surf and the caravan " - he might put the bill up for you ! No seriously he,s a great bloke (24 years) and they are all so xxxx honest up there.It,s country folk you see ! Good luck.
              Regards Surfin

Enjoy yourself - it,s later than you think !

Comment

i'm in love with the girl from co-op in ystradgynlais if that helps!

and what's 4 wheel tracking?? only the front is adjustable on a surf i.e caster, camber, toe in and toe out.
                sure they're not fleecing you with bull?
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Can very highly recommend 4X4 Unlimited in Caldicot. Nigel is totally 4x4 orientated his work is well above the normal and he knows the Surf inside out. Noggin also has his Surf serviced there.
                  Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

2x2 or 4x4

I have abit of paper in front of me that clearly shows toes,set backs,cambers and Lord knows what else on both axles.It,s a ProAlign diagnostic printout.Whatever they did to my Surfo @ Builth it got rid of the problem I had.That,s good enough for me !
                    Surfin

Comment

Related ?

Is the love of your life called Bronwyn ? If yes I know her sister Dirty Mary,who works in The Spa @ Llandefaelog.
                      Surfin

Comment

Working...
                      X