Surf road tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf road tax

Hi lads, just wondering what the correct 12 month road tax is on a turd gen. I remember a thread where there were different amounts but can't find it! My renewal is £245.00,is this about right? Thanks,j

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
    Hi lads, just wondering what the correct 12 month road tax is on a turd gen. I remember a thread where there were different amounts but can't find it! My renewal is £245.00,is this about right? Thanks,j
    I take it you got it fixed mate? good news I hope.

Think I pay 205 or 215 for road tax
    Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian I find out on Monday for definite if the head is cracked, if it costs more than a grand I'll probably sell it, that surf dealer in Bolton (ak motors) said he would give me 1500 for it and a deal on an intercooled one even with a cracked head, so ill have to strip all the upgrades to my own machine first !!!cheers,James

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
        Cost me £245 too tho my second gen was £205, could be down to its description on the log book. The second gen was down as an estate the third gen is down as a 4x4 utility vehicle. think you can change this but only when you tax it

Comment

£205 for our 2001 3rd gen.

Comment

I have been on the phone to the DVLA about this and it has gone up to £260!!
            I explained that I have been paying too much tax for the last three years and after being on hold for a bit they confirmed that I had.So what I need to do is to pay the new ripoff price and then send in the renewal form along with a covering letter to DVLA Swansea SA99 1BA stating that I would like a refund of my overpayment!Be interesting to see what happens

sorry meant to add that the surfs were originally taxed on their import to the UK year and that has changed for all imports so that they are taxed on their original first date of registration regardless of origin plus the engine size,so in effect my tax is now a 1997 3.0 ltr. The new increase is just another penny pinching excercise,that will affect everyone so we'll pay tax on the tax we already pay tax on
            Last edited by noobysurfer; 16 April 2011, 13:04.

Comment

Working...
            X